- Hot fudge sundaes with double fudge
- Finding $20 in your pants pocket that you didn't know was there
- Getting a new DVD burner for Christmas
How do I know this? Because all these things have happened to me this year. So I would know.
Beating Pitt when they are ranked 18th in the country is better than:
- Getting a new Compact Flash card for my camera from my inlaws, when I was expecting socks
- Beating Florida in Charleston in a game set up to be a local hero's homecoming
- Waiting for all the whiplash cases at local hospitals that will surely result from many media pundits who had buried the Mountaineers in recent weeks
Again, I speak from experience.
Beating Pitt twice in 18 days, both times coming back from double-digit deficits to drive a stake through their hearts is better than:
- Watching all the baiters on our message boards turn tail and run
- Seeing how many different ways you can make word plays on Kevin Pittsnogle's surname after his second straight demolition of the Panthers
Well, maybe not that last. But if not, it's darn close.
Kevin is the publisher of BlueGoldNews.com, and a contributiing photographer and writer for the Blue & Gold News. He has not been able to sleep since WVU completed its basketball season sweep of Pitt.