Dan Bonnell, 17u coach of ACB/Bank Hoops, took a few minutes to update the latest in 2015 center Seth Dugan's recruitment.
Will WKU get an official visit from the big man? Read more below.
1) Who does he (Dugan) hold offers from now?
Ball State, Davidson, Eastern Michigan, Illinois State, La Salle, Lehigh, Loyola, Nicholls State, Northern Illinois, Oakland, Rhode Island, Toledo, Western Kentucky, Western Michigan, Wofford, Xavier. Other schools showing interest lately are Purdue, Oregon, Notre Dame, Michigan State and Michigan.
2) Are there any schools on his list standing out at this time?
He’s been figuring out who a lot of these schools are as many of the offers came late this summer. I can’t say who is sticking out to him at this point, but he has taken an official visit to NIU who has been recruiting him heavily for quite some time. Right now he’s figuring out what other schools he will be visiting.
3) What official visits has he taken up to this point?
4) What remaining visits does he have scheduled? If he doesn't have them all scheduled at this time, do you think Western Kentucky will get one?
None scheduled yet. Nothing for sure at this point, but will probably be scheduling 1-2 other visits soon. I think he is leaning toward taking a visit to WKU. I know they really want to get him down there and I wouldn’t be surprised if he does visit.
5) I know WKU is a bit further from home than the other schools on his list, what kindof chance does WKU actually have to land Dugan?
Yes, there are a few MAC schools nearby recruiting Seth. Location matters to Seth, but not the end-all. WKU may not be as close as some, but it’s not too far away. I think that Seth would know better if/when he visited.
6) Any sortof timeline set for a decision (fall, spring signee?) Do you think he will take all his visits before committing somewhere, or if a place feels "right," he'll commit on the spot?
No definite timeline. He’s prepared to wait until the spring, but if he knew a school was right then I know he’d love to get this decision made and behind him. That could come after a visit this fall or after his HS season in the spring.
7) What do college coaches like most about Dugan's game?
Size, skill level, how he runs the floor for his size, and the fact that he’s a high academic and character kid.
8) What does Dugan need to work on most to improve his game?
Shooting and overall athleticism. As he increases his shooting range and improves his athleticism the sky is really the limit. He’s made huge strides in these areas over the last year, and it showed over the summer. I can only imagine where he’ll be as a Sophomore/Junior in college.