The Western Kentucky University football program has 14 verbal commitments in the Class of 2016. Here’s a look at how those prospects fared this weekend:
Josh Anderson, LB, Ruskin, Fla., Lennard
- Anderson had 13 tackles, one sack and one caused fumble and was named Defensive Player of the Game for Lennard in a 27-25 victory over Durant in double overtime.
Jessie Britt, RB, Auburndale, Fla.
- Britt and Auburndale lost a 10-0 decision to Kathleen.
Dee Cain, Athlete, Caldwell County
- Cain rushed 10 times for 122 yards and two TDs and had three catches for 20 yards and three tackles in a 48-27 win over Paducah Tilghman. He was injured late and taken to the hospital with a likely concussion.
Kenny Cooper, OL, Calhoun, Ga., Sonoraville
- The Phoenix lost 22-15 to Adairville; no individual stats.
Chris Cotto, WR, Hallandale, Fla.
- Cotto caught 10 passes for 88 yards in a 36-28 loss to St. Thomas Aquinas.
Roger Cray, CB, Lake City, Fla., Columbia
- Cray had nine tackles in a 44-41 loss to Escambia.
Steven Duncan, QB, Summerville, S.C., Ashley Ridge
- Duncan completed 27 of 38 passes for 319 yards in a 31-24 win over Cane Bay.
John Hines, DE, Montgomery, Ala., Park Crossing
- Hines had three tackles for a loss in a 35-28 loss to Park Crossing.
Seth Joest, OL, Woodford County
- The Yellowjackets lost 55-0 to Madison Central; Joest made a visit to WKU for the Miami game.
Tyler King, RB, Fort Meade, Fla.
- King ran for 200-plus yards for a fourth straight week, amassing 218 yards and three touchdowns in a 34-10 win over Bartow.
Lamarius Kinslow, TE/LB, Fern Creek
- Kinslow had five catches for 67 yards and one touchdown, added three tackles and an interception in a 17-7 win over Fairdale.
Jordan Meredith, OL, Bowling Green
- The Purples beat Central Hardin 42-6.
Drew O’Bryan, LB, Ashland
- O’Bryan led Ashland to a 48-21 win over Rowan County; he made a visit to WKU on Saturday for the Miami game.
Anthony Robinson, Athlete, Frankfort
- Robinson was the first commitment in the ’16 class for WKU. He’s sidelined for the season after an ankle injury in the opening game against Paris.