Date: Oct. 3, 2015
Game Time: 2:30 p.m.
Location: Rice Stadium, Houston, Tex.
Television: FOX Sports Net
Play by Play: Brendan Burke
Analyst: Ben Leber
Sideline: Christian Steckel
About the Hilltoppers and Owls:
- This is the first meeting between the two programs.
- WKU will be seeking to move to 2-0 in conference play for just the second time in the FBS era and first since 2012 when WKU began Sun Belt play 2-1. A 4-1 start would also be WKU’s best start to a season since the 2012 team went 5-1 through their first six games.
- The Hilltoppers have won five straight against teams from the Lonestar State.
- The Rice Owls defeated North Texas 38-24 to start 1-0 in C-USA. The Owls racked up 562 yards of offense in the win.
- WKU tight end Tyler Higbee is the nation's leading pass-catching tight end with 352 yards.
- Hilltoppers QB Brandon Doughty guides a passing offense that ranks fourth in the nation at 399 yards per outing.
- Rice leads Conference USA and is No. 27 in the nation with 228 rushing yards per game.
- WKU’s six interceptions through the first four games are the quickiest the Hilltoppers have reached that mark in the FBS era and fastest since doing it back in 2008. Of the six picks, five are the first interceptions it the player’s career.
For Rice To Win:
- Dominate the running attack. The Owls run the ball very well and will attempt to establish their pace of game.
- No mistakes, no turnovers.
- Frustrate the WKU offense. Rice will need to attack the Hilltoppers backfield and try to make Doughty force throws.
For WKU To Win:
- No errors. This is a game the Toppers should win. No mistakes and it won't become a should of won game.
- Slow down the Rice running game. The Owls will get their yards, but make them work extra hard to get them.
- Force a turnover.