Date: Nov. 7, 2015
Game Time: 11:00 a.m.
Location: Houchens-Smith Stadium, Bowling Green, Ky.
Play by Play: Aaron Goldsmith
Analyst: Brian Baldinger
Sideline: Lesley McCaslin
Per the Weather Channel, a cloudy day, but dry and cool autumn day is on tap for Saturday afternoon. Temps at kickoff will be in the mid-50's, with a high of 61.
About the Hilltoppers and Owls:
- WKU enters the contest at 8-2 overall and 5-0 in Conference USA. The Hilltoppers defeated Old Dominion 55-30 last Saturday in Norfolk, Va.
- Florida Atlantic enters the game following a thrilling rivalry win over Florida International last weekend. The Owls are 2-6 overall and 2-3 in C-USA play.
- The Hilltoppers have won eight consecutive games against C-USA compition.
- WKU head coach Jeff Brohm served as FAU's quarterback coach in 2009 under Howard Schnellenberger.
- Despite missing the early portion of the schedule with an injury, WKU running back Anthony Wales has compiled three 100-yard games, placing him third in C-USA. His 7.8 yards per carry average is best in the league.
- WKU quarterback Brandon Doughty leads the nation in touchdown passes and completion percentage.
- The FAU defense leads C-USA in sacks, averaging 2.88 per game. FAU is tied at No. 19 nationally in sacks.
- FAU junior defensive end Trey Hendrickson leads the way for the Owls pass rush, ranking 11th nationally with 7.5 sacks. Trevon Coley is second on the team with 4.5 sacks.
Hilltopper receiver Taywan Taylor ranks seventh in FBS in receiving yards (957), 10th in receiving yards per game (106.3) and T3rd in TDs (11).
- WKU sophomore defensive end Derek Overstreet leads all the defensive line this season in total tackles (33) and tackles for a loss (5).
- WKU sophomore linebacker T.J. McCollum ranks eighth in Conference USA in tackles this season with 71.
- The Owls are a young squad, playing 16 true freshmen this season and a total of 28 freshmen or redshirt freshmen.
3 Things for an FAU Win:
- Pressure Doughty. WKU is allowing just 1.1 sacks per game - good for 14th best in the nation - but the Owls will need to get to Doughty for often than that.
- Run to the End Zone. FAU rushed for 229 yards in its upset win over FIU and will need to enjoy similar success if they are to make it an even bigger upset this weekend.
- Limit the Run. WKU RB Anthony Wales averaged just over 11 yards per carry in the road win at ODU. That can't even come close to repeating if the Owls want to win.
3 Things for a WKU Win:
- Don't Sleep. The Tops can't allow the 11:00 a.m. start to effect their energy
- Mistake Free. Don't give the Owls any free points or extra opportunities. That's how upsets happen.
- Continue to Run. FAU ranks 86th in rush defense, but held FIU to just 66 yards last weekend.