Western Kentucky used a balanced offensive attack to outpace Florida Atlantic 35-19 in front of 18,421 at Houchens-Smith Stadium on Saturday afternoon. The Hilltoppers improve to 8-2 overall and 6-0 in Conference USA.
Here's a few items of note from the win:
- The Hilltoppers have now won eight straight at home, which is the longest streak since winning 10 between the years of 2003-05.
- WKU is now 9-1 at home under Jeff Brohm.
- WKU has posted a 10-1 record in the month of November over the last three seasons.
- Brandon Doughty moved into the Top 25 in FBS history in career passing touchdowns with 97 and Top 40 in career passing yards with 11,383.
- WKU has scored an average of 48.3 points per game against Conference USA opponents this season.
- Taywan Taylor caught his 12th and 13th touchdowns of the season, setting the WKU single-season record for touchdown receptions in a season. He also became just the second player in WKU history to have 1,000 receiving yards in a season, pushing his tally to 1,044.
Check out more notes in the photo gallery:
GALLERY: WKU 35 FAU 19