The Western Kentucky University football program has 16 verbal commitments in the Class of 2016. Here’s a look at how those prospects fared this weekend:
Josh Anderson, LB, Ruskin, Fla., Lennard
- Anderson averaged 8.4 tackles a game; Lennard lost 42-25 to Tampa Jefferson to finish the season at 6-4.
Jessie Britt, RB, Auburndale, Fla.
- Britt passed for 284 yards and three TDs and rushed for 43 yards in a 33-28 loss to Ridge Community.
Dee Cain, Athlete, Caldwell County
- Cain had two carries for two yards and one touchdown and caught four passes for 66 yards and one TD in a 50-15 win over Hart County in the 3-A playoffs.
Kenny Cooper, OL, Calhoun, Ga., Sonoraville
- Sonoraville beat Murray County 51-13 and is now 6-3 on the season.
Chris Cotto, WR, Hallandale, Fla.
- Cotto had around 100 all-purpose yards in a 56-6 win over Monarch.
Roger Cray, CB, Lake City, Fla., Columbia
- Cray is averaging 7.2 tackles a game; Columbia beat Suwanee 45-7 to move to 9-1 on the season.
Jeremy Darvin, DT, Nashville, Tenn., Father Ryan
- Darvin and Father Ryan lost 29-19 to Ensworth and ended the season with a 4-7 record.
Steven Duncan, QB, Summerville, S.C., Ashley Ridge
- Duncan threw for one TD in a 47-7 loss to Fort Dorchester; it was the only loss to Ashley Ridge in the regular season.
Kyle Fourtenbary, TE, Opelika, Ala., High School
- Fourtenbary had one catch for 15 yards in a 51-0 blowout win over Daphne in the playoffs.
John Hines, DE, Montgomery, Ala., Park Crossing
- Hines averaged 6.4 tackles a game and finished with 10 sacks on an 8-3 team; Park Crossing lost 28-24 to Bessemer City in the playoffs.
Seth Joest, OL, Woodford County
- The Yellowjackets finished the season 3-8 with a 50-15 loss to Highlands in the playoffs.
Devon Key, Athlete, Bryan Station
- Key had three carries for 22 yards, one interception and three tackles in a 39-14 win over Tates Creek.
Lamarius Kinslow, TE/LB, Fern Creek
- Kinslow had two catches for 23 yards and eight tackles in a 30-0 win over Bullitt Central in Class 5-A playoffs.
Jordan Meredith, OL, Bowling Green
- The Purples have won eight in a row after a 50-7 win over Apollo in the 5-A playoffs.
Drew O’Bryan, LB, Ashland
- O’Bryan didn’t play because of a thigh injury; Ashland beat Bourbon County 42-21 in the Class 4-A playoffs.
Anthony Robinson, Athlete, Frankfort
- Robinson was the first commitment in the ’16 class for WKU. He’s sidelined for the season after an ankle injury in the opening game against Paris.