The Western Kentucky University football program has 18 verbal commitments in the Class of 2016. Here’s a look at how those prospects fared this weekend:
Christion Abercrombie, LB, Atlanta Westlake
- Abercrombie had four tackles - and is averaging 6.5 a game - in a 76-20 win over Lakeside in the Class 6-A playoffs.
Jeffrey Allison, LB, Fairbur, Ga., Langston Hughes
- Langston Hughes saw its season end with a 38-28 loss to Tucker; Langston Hughes finished 6-6 and Allison averaged 10.8 tackles a game.
Josh Anderson, LB, Ruskin, Fla., Lennard
- Anderson averaged 8.4 tackles a game for a 6-4 Lennard team.
Jessie Britt, RB, Auburndale, Fla.
- Britt had 1,055 total yards and 11 touchdowns on the season, playing QB for Auburndale.
Dee Cain, Athlete, Caldwell County
- Cain caught three passes for 108 yards and one touchdown, ran for a TD, had an interception and four tackles in a 61-39 win over Adair County.
Kenny Cooper, OL, Calhoun, Ga., Sonoraville
- Sonoraville beat East Hall 49-28 in the Class 3-A playoffs and are 7-3 on the season.
Chris Cotto, WR, Hallandale, Fla.
- Cotto had four catches for 134 yards and one TD in a 42-0 win over Suncoast in the Class 5-A playoffs.
Roger Cray, CB, Lake City, Fla., Columbia
- No individual state for Cray; but Columbia scored a 42-28 win over Chiles
Jeremy Darvin, DT, Nashville, Tenn., Father Ryan
- Ensworth and ended the season with a 4-7 record.
Steven Duncan, QB, Summerville, S.C., Ashley Ridge
- Ashley Ridge is 8-1 and was off last week.
Kyle Fourtenbary, TE, Opelika, Ala., High School
- Fourtenbary had two catches for 30 yards and one touchdown in a 48-0 win over Hillcrest in the Class 6-A playoffs.
John Hines, DE, Montgomery, Ala., Park Crossing
- Hines averaged 6.4 tackles a game and finished with 10 sacks on an 8-3 team.
Seth Joest, OL, Woodford County
- The Yellowjackets finished the season 3-8.
Devon Key, Athlete, Bryan Station
- Key had 12 carries for 47 yards and two catches for 35 yards, plus seven tackles, as Bryan Station lost 42-30 to Scott County in the 6-A playoffs.
Lamarius Kinslow, TE/LB, Fern Creek
- Kinslow had three catches for 85 yards and one touchdown and six tackles in a 28-7 win over North Bullitt in the Class 5-A playoffs.
Jordan Meredith, OL, Bowling Green
- The Purples have won nine in a row after a 41-21 win over Christian County.
Drew O’Bryan, LB, Ashland
- Ashland saw its season end at 9-3 with a 28-18 loss to Scott High.
Anthony Robinson, Athlete, Frankfort
- Robinson was the first commitment in the ’16 class for WKU. He’s sidelined for the season after an ankle injury in the opening game against Paris.