The Western Kentucky University football program has 20 verbal commitments in the Class of 2016. Here’s a look at how those prospects fared this weekend:
Christion Abercrombie, LB, Atlanta Westlake
- Abercrombie had eight tackles in a 35-28 loss to Grayson in the Class 6-A quarterfinals; Westlake finished the season 10-3.
Jeffrey Allison, LB, Fairbur, Ga., Langston Hughes
- Langston Hughes finished 6-6 and Allison averaged 10.8 tackles a game.
Josh Anderson, LB, Ruskin, Fla., Lennard
- Anderson averaged 8.4 tackles a game for a 6-4 Lennard team.
Quinton Baker, RB, Ashland Blazer
- Baker rushed for 1,976 yards and 26 touchdowns as a senior; he finished his career with 6,234 yards rushing and 86 total TDs.
Jessie Britt, RB, Auburndale, Fla.
- Britt had 1,055 total yards and 11 touchdowns on the season, playing QB for Auburndale.
Dee Cain, Athlete, Caldwell County
- Cain finished with 369 yards rushing and 14 touchdowns and had 38 catches for 547 yards and six touchdowns on offense, while intercepting three passes, picking up two fumbles, recording 25 tackles and four other touchdowns for a 10-3 team.
Kenny Cooper, OL, Calhoun, Ga., Sonoraville
- Sonoraville finished the season at 7-4.
Chris Cotto, WR, Hallandale, Fla.
- Hallandale finished 10-3 after losing 51-46 to Bishop Moore in the Class 5-A regional finals.
Roger Cray, CB, Lake City, Fla., Columbia
- Cray had a 65-yard punt return for a touchdown and helped Columbia to a 51-14 win over Bertram Trail in the 7-A regional finals; up next for 12-1 Columbia is 9-4 Viera on Friday night in the semifinals.
Jeremy Darvin, DT, Nashville, Tenn., Father Ryan
- Ensworth and ended the season with a 4-7 record.
Steven Duncan, QB, Summerville, S.C., Ashley Ridge
- Ashley Ridge finished 9-2 with Duncan throwing for more than 1,700 yards and 13 touchdowns.
Kyle Fourtenbary, TE, Opelika, Ala., High School
- Fourtenbary finished with 28 catches for 472 yards and six touchdowns for a 12-1 squad.
John Hines, DE, Montgomery, Ala., Park Crossing
- Hines averaged 6.4 tackles a game and finished with 10 sacks on an 8-3 team.
Seth Joest, OL, Woodford County
- The Yellowjackets finished the season 3-8.
Devon Key, Athlete, Bryan Station
- Key rushed for 738 yards and eight touchdowns, caught 31 passes for 591 yards and nine touchdowns, had three interceptions, six pass break ups and 58.5 tackles for the Defenders.
Lamarius Kinslow, TE/LB, Fern Creek
- The season ended at 12-2 for the Tigers with a 21-0 loss to Bowling Green in the 5-A semifinals.
Jordan Meredith, OL, Bowling Green
- Bowling Green has won 11 in a row; the Purples are 13-1 after beating Fern Creek 21-0 and now play Pulaski County in the 5-A state title game.
Drew O’Bryan, LB, Ashland
- Ashland saw its season end with a 9-3 mark.
Adam Raschilla, OL, Northport, Ala., Tuscaloosa County
- Raschilla committed after a visit to Bowling Green; Tuscaloosa County finished 0-12 this season.
Anthony Robinson, Athlete, Frankfort
- Robinson was the first commitment in the ’16 class for WKU. He’s sidelined for the season after an ankle injury in the opening game against Paris.