WKU football used the popular Fan Fest on Saturday afternoon to display the team's new uniforms for the 2016 season.
The event allowed fans to get a close look at the new look, done in conjunction with apparel provider Russel Athletic, alongside the latest trophy additions to the program's hardware - the Conference USA and Miami Beach Bowl trophies were also on full display next to the uniforms.
(Check out the photo gallery above for images of the team's new jerseys, as well as a look back at Saturday's Fan Fest.)
The uniforms coincide with the program's theme for the 2016 season, “Respect the Past. Defend the Present. Own the Future.”
Among the new enhancements:
- Pattern work embedded into the performance gear and helmet stripe reminiscent of legendary head coach Jimmy Feix’s famous fedora which is no encased in WKU’s locker room
- A new emblem added in the neck which pulls the Colonnade, where WKU played its earliest football games, the fountain on Hilltopper drive, the University cupola and WKU’s new wordmark.
- The University seal remains sublimated inside the numbers on each jersey
- The phrase “We Shall Never Fail Thee” is stitched into the bottom each of jersey. The phrase is taken from WKU’s alma mater “College Heights”
- Down the side of the pants, the “Hilltoppers” wording returns but will increase in visibility as players accumulate moisture on their legs throughout the course of a game
- The new WKU wordmark also now appears on the front of the helmet, just above the facemask.