Here's the WKU Insider game preview:
LOCATION: Floyd Stadium, Murfreesboro, Tenn. (30,788)
DATE: Saturday, October 15
KICKOFF: 1:30 p.m.CT
RADIO: Hilltopper IMG Sports Network: 105.3 FM/1450 AM
Play-by-Play: Jake Rose
Analyst: Alex Myers
Sideline: Sara Cardona
Saturday's contest marks the 66th meeting between the schools separated by 100 miles, with four of the last five being decided by 12 points or less. The lone exception was WKU's 58-28 win last season.
- The Hilltoppers (3-3) are looking to win consecutive games over the Blue Raiders for the first time since winning three straight from 1978-80.
- WKU passing offense is No. 15 nationally with 325 yards per game.
- WKU is No. 9 nationally in both punt and kick returns.
- The Tops are 3-1 this season when leading after the first quarter.
- WKU is one of seven G5 programs to win seven or more games in five consecutive seasons, which is the longest active streak in Conference USA.
- The Blue Raiders (4-1) are currently tied at 2-0 for the C-USA East Division lead with Old Dominion and FIU. It's the program's best overall start since 2001.
- MTSU's lone loss was a 47-24 loss at Vanderbilt in week two.
- Blue Raiders are 19-3 in last 22 home games.
- Middle Tennessee leads the all-time series 34-30-1.
- Blue Raider passing offense checks in at No. 7 nationally with 352.6 per game.
WR Nicholas Norris : Needs just one more to move into fifth all-time for TD catches in a single season.
WR Taywan Taylor: Tied for 7th in the country in receptions (42) and 6th in yards (673).
QB Mike White : Needs only 186 passing yards to post the 10th-best single-season in program history.
LB Keith Brown : Has led the team in tackles for the last four games.
RB I'Tavius Mathers: He is the only MTSU player to record 100 yards rushing and receiving in a single game. Ranks third nationally in scoring.
QB Brent Stockstill : Has thrown for 300 or more yards in eight of his last 11 outings.
WR Richie James : Leads Blue Raiders with 41 receptions. Averaging 110 yards per game.
DT Shaquille Huff : Tops on the team with five tackles for a loss, including two sacks.
Middle Tennessee linebacker DJ Sanders on WKU offense:
"They get a lot of explosive plays from deep passes down the field. We just have to eliminate the explosive plays and read our keys. Last year that was the problem – we didn't read our keys and guys were out of place."
Western Kentucky OL Forrest Lamp on the game:
"It’s a big one obviously. Middle Tennessee is one of our biggest rivals but it’s a big one because it’s our next one, like coach harps on every week. We are in a one-game season every week and that’s why it’s a big one."