Western Kentucky (8-3, 6-1) visits Marshall (3-8, 2-5) to close the regular season..
Here's the WKU Insider game preview:
LOCATION: Joan C. Edwards Stadium, Huntington, W.V. (38,227)
DATE: Saturday, Nov. 26
KICKOFF: 7:00 p.m.
RADIO: Hilltopper IMG Sports Network: 105.3 FM/1450 AM
Play-by-Play: Randy Lee
Analyst: Leo Peckenpaugh
Sideline: Terry Obee
Play-by-Play: Bill Roth
Analyst: John Gregory
- A victory secures a second consecutive trip to the Conference USA Championship.
- WKU has won 18 of its last 19 against league competition.
- WKU enters the regular season finale as the nations No. 9 scoring team (42.5) and No. 11 in total offense (509.8). The passing offense checks in at No. 6 (338.6).
- Allowing 108.7 yards per outing, the Hilltopper rush defense ranks No. 11 nationally.
- Marshall leads the league in fourth-down conversions at 71.4 percent.
- The Herd have scored over 50 points 16 times during Doc Holliday's tenure.
- Marshall is No. 106 in total defense allowing 455.5 yards per games.
- Marshall has committed just 14 turnovers this season, which is on pace for team's lowest since 2000.
QB Mike White : Leads C-USA with six 300-yard games this season.
RB Anthony Wales : Ranks fourth nationally with 18 rushing touchdowns.
WR Taywan Taylor : All-American candidate has caught a touchdown pass in seven straight games. He's among 10 semifinalists for the Biletnikoff Award.
LB Keith Brown : Leads the Tops with 102 total tackles. His eight TFL is third on the squad.
QB Chase Litton : He's seventh in program history with 47 passing touchdowns.
WR Michael Clark : His 17.3 yards per catch average in among the league leaders and is No. 38 nationally.
TE Ryan Yurachek: Has caught a pass in 28 consecutive contests.
DE Gary Thompson : His 19 career sacks ranks No. 9 in Marshall history.
Jeff Brohm on playing at Marshall:
"There is a lot riding on this game. Our players understand that. We get an opportunity to go to a tough place to play; it’s always tough to win a football game at Marshall. They are very good at home. They have a lot of history and tradition there."