Williams Schedules Wisconsin Official

Expecting to receive a scholarship from Wisconsin this week, Fort White (FL) running back Tavaris Williams is planning an official visit to Madison just days before national signing day.

Wisconsin already has two senior running backs in the fold already with Goose Creek (SC) running back Caleb Kinlaw and Hyattsville (MD) Dematha Catholic running back Taiwan Deal committed, but are looking to possibly add a third tailback in Fort White (FL) athlete, and Utah commitment, Tavaris Williams.

"I have just recently started hearing from Wisconsin," Williams told BadgerNation. "Coach Hammock got in contact with my coach like a couple days before he got in contact with me. I got in contact with him when I was on my Florida visit, so then we started talking. Last night we had a real long talk about my family and stuff and got a high interest in them after that."

"I don't know too much about Wisconsin, but just a little about their football program. He was just saying how much he likes me as a running back and liked the way I was explosive and things like that. They are recruiting me just as a running back. I am committed to Utah as a running back, but they want me to play running back and cornerback."

The interest level has become so high in the 5-10, 180-pound Williams that Hammock is schedule to have an in-home visit with Williams and his family tomorrow. At that time, Williams expects the Badgers to officially make an offer.

"(Coach Hammock) wants to talk to the head coach first, but I am expecting it tomorrow," said Williams. "I think Coach Hammock is a real cool dude. He is real serious, like he is not going to recruit me this late if he is not going to offer me, so I am assuming he is going to offer."

Williams holds offers from Duke, Marshall, Florida International and Utah, but has been committed to the Utes for two months. If the Badgers were to offer the Sunshine State prospect, how interested would he be and any chance he takes an official visit to Madison?

"My commitment to Utah is real solid," said Williams. "I have been committed to them since November. If Wisconsin does offer me, then it will be real big because I will not know what to choose. I am going to Utah this upcoming weekend on an official visit and will be going to Wisconsin the weekend after that on an official.

"Right now, Utah is number one, Duke and then Marshall, but I am also getting looked at by Florida. If they and Wisconsin offer, then it will change."

This past weekend, Williams traveled to Gainesville, but didn't feel overly impressed by the official visit. Still, he knows he will be seeing them again this week at his school and lays out the week and his decision timeline.

"I mean I thought my Florida official visit was going to be better," said Williams. "I didn't really get to see the coaches too much, so that really disappointed me about that, but it was very fun. They will be coming to my school Tuesday and likely offer me then as well. They want to see my transcripts and stuff. Utah will be here on Wednesday and Thursday to see me and we will be leaving here for Utah on Friday."

"My recruitment is getting a little hectic right now, so I am about to my breaking point, but I will make my decision right after the Wisconsin official visit on where I am going to go."

Badger Nation Top Stories