1. Alize Jones, 6-4, 220, Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman-UCLA
2. Kyle Penniston, 6-4, 220, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei-Wisconsin
3. Tyler Petite, 6-5, 225, Moraga (Calif.) Campolindo
4. Jamie Nunley, 6-4, 215, Murrieta (Calif.) Vista Murrieta
5. Ricky McCoy, 6-4, 240, Fresno (Nev.) Roosevelt
Jones is a tremendous athlete and might have been the top tight end in the West as a junior this past season. He can run, jump and has the kind of frame that isn't close to filling out yet. He's an improving pass catcher, not totally natural just yet but getting better and has as much upside as any tight to come out of the west in some time.
Penniston has very good hands, catches the ball well in traffic and does a nice job holding on to the ball on contact. He has good body control and has a wide catch radius. He's especially dangerous in the red zone and an improving blocker as well.
Petite is an emerging talent who does everything well. He has size, runs well, has very good hands and is a good run blocker. His recruitment has really blown up in recent weeks and he's now a national recruit.
Nunley plays receiver at the H.S level but due to his size, projects more as a tight end in college. He's an extremely polished pass catcher with soft hands and runs pretty well after the catch. He's already a solid blocker and as he continues to fill out, should develop in to a very nice player at the next level.
McCoy is a big kid and the most physical player on this list. He's easily the best blocker in the group and is a very solid defensive lineman as well. In fact, he plays with a defensive mentality and depending on where his body goes could determine what side of the ball he plays on. He does catch the ball well and is a throwback to the old school tight ends who do more than just run and catch.
The Next Five:
6. Matt Snyder, 6-5, 235, San Ramon (Calif.) California
Two way player and can also play defensive end.
7. Jesse Sims, 6-4, 230, Stevensville (Mont.)
Very intriguing kid whose stock is rising fast.
8. John Carroll, 6-2, 215, La Canada (Calif.) St. Francis
Undersized but athletic with great hands.
9. Hasani Smith, 6-6, 240, Upland (Calif.) Huge kid and keeps getting better.
10. Trevor Howard, 6-3, 225, Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian
Athletic kid who can run and jump.
National Analyst Brandon Huffman contributed to this report