When: 11:00 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 13
Site: Camp Randall Stadium (76,634, FieldTurf), Madison, Wis.
Broadcasts: ESPN2 live TV coverage; 43-city Wisconsin Radio Network, live radio coverage; Wisconsin Public Television, tape-delay broadcast.
Wisconsin results to date
Home team in italics
Aug. 30—Wisconsin 24, West Virginia 17
Sept. 6—Wisconsin 48, Akron 31
UNLV results to date
Home team in italics
Aug. 29—UNLV 28, Toledo 18
Sept. 6—Kansas 46, UNLV 24
Rebels versus Wisconsin: The Badgers lead the all-time series 4-1, including a 27-3 victory last season. In that game, Jonathon Orr set a freshman school receiving record with 150 yards on seven catches. His touchdown early in the second quarter kicked off a 24-point outburst. The game was shortened by a power outage midway through the fourth quarter at Las Vegas's Sam Boyd Stadium.
- UNLV coach John Robinson and Wisconsin coach Barry Alvarez have better postseason records than any other coaches in NCAA history. Robinson is the all-time leader with an 8-1 record and .889 winning percentage. Robinson is 1-0 in Bowl games at UNLV, and was 7-1 when he coached USC. Alvarez is 7-1 in postseason appearances, carrying an .875 winning percentage.
- The last time UNLV played at Wisconsin, in 1998, current UW quarterbacks coach Jeff Horton was the Rebels head coach. Wisconsin offensive coordinator Brian White was an assistant at UNLV from 1990-92 and again in 1994.
- Wisconsin is 19-1 in its last 20 home games against non-conference foes. The loss came at the hands of Fresno State, a 32-20 defeat in 2001.
- Wisconsin's 591 total yards versus Akron was the ninth-highest total in school history and the sixth-highest during Alvarez's tenure as coach. The Badgers 1,029 yards in the past two games has not been topped in a two-game span since the team tallied 1,065 yards in back-to-back games against Indiana and Michigan State, Oct. 16 and Oct. 23, 1999.
- Jim Sorgi's passing efficiency rating this season is a gaudy 141.63. He is currently the school's career passing efficiency leader, with a 136.1 rating.
- Wisconsin has six sacks so far this season. The team averaged just 1.6 sacks per game last season.
- UNLV's offensive line has not allowed a sack in two games this year.
- UNLV running back Larry Croom ran for 105 yards in the first quarter against Kansas, needing just nine carries to do so. He left the game with an injury, however, and only carried the ball once more.
- UNLV receiver Michael Johnson has caught a pass in 22 straight games. His teammate Earvin Johnson, who was suspended against Toledo, has caught a pass in 20 straight games in which he has played.
- NCAA consecutive game streaks remain intact despite injury or suspension. Wisconsin's Lee Evans, therefore, has a 27-game reception streak.
- Wisconsin has been outscored 21-6 in the third quarter this season, but has outscored opponents 28-7 in the fourth quarter.