When: 4:30 p.m. Central, Saturday, Oct. 16
Site: Ross-Ade Stadium in West Lafayette, Ind., (62,500, natural grass)
Broadcasts: ESPN2 live TV coverage; 46-city Wisconsin Radio Network live radio coverage.
Wisconsin results to date
Home team in italics
Sept. 4—Wisconsin 34, Central Florida 6
Sept. 11—Wisconsin 18, UNLV 3
Sept. 18—Wisconsin 9, Arizona 7
Sept. 25—Wisconsin 16, Penn State 3
Oct. 2—Wisconsin 24, Illinois 7
Oct. 9—Wisconsin 24, Ohio State 13
Purdue results to date
Home team in italics
Sept. 5—Purdue 51, Syracuse 0
Sept. 11—Purdue 59, Ball State 7
Sept. 25—Purdue 38, Illinois 30
Oct. 2—Purdue 41, Notre Dame 16
Oct. 9—Purdue 20, Penn State 13
Purdue versus Wisconsin: The Badgers hold a 36-29-8 advantage in the all-time series. Purdue leads 16-15-3 in games in West Lafayette. The Boilermakers are 3-2 versus Wisconsin under coach Joe Tiller. The Badgers are 5-5-1 versus Purdue under coach Barry Alvarez. The last four meetings in the series have been decided by 5.8 points per game. The last time the teams met in West Lafayette, in 1999, Wisconsin won 28-21.
Wisconsin coach Barry Alvarez is in his 15th season at UW. He has a 105-67-4 career record.
Ohio State coach Joe Tiller has a 60-32 record in his eighth season at Purdue. He has a 99-62-1 record in his 14th season as a head coach (Wyoming).
- Purdue is 7-0 in homecoming games and 37-9 in home games under Joe Tiller.
- Purdue has played Wisconsin for homecoming 19 times (9-9-1).
- The Boilermakers' 103-man roster includes just nine seniors.
- Purdue averages 41.8 points per game and allows 13.2 per game; Wisconsin is scoring 20.8 points per game and allowing 6.5
- Boilermaker quarterback Kyle Orton is second in school history in career completion percentage (.598), third in passing attempts (1,119), third in passing touchdowns (50) and third in passing yards (7,889).
- Wisconsin would go 7-0 for only the third time in school history with a win Saturday. The Badgers were 7-0 in 1912 and 1998.
- Purdue's No. 5 ranking is its highest under Tiller.
- Orton is second in the nation in passing efficiency (181.6) and first in passing touchdowns (18). He has thrown 36 touchdowns and just nine interceptions in his last 656 pass attempts.
- Purdue receiver Taylor Stubblefield is the Big Ten's all-time leader in career receptions (271) and is No. 2 in school history in career receiving yards (3,102). He needs 39 receptions to break the career NCAA record.
- The Boilermakers are a perfect 16-for-16 on third-down conversions of two or fewer yards and 7-for-11 on third-and-10 plays.
- Wisconsin's opponents are averaging just 56.8 plays per game, tied with Alabama for second fewest in the nation. (Kansas State allows 56.6). The Badgers have forced a three-and-out on 30 of 75 opposing drives.
- Badger defensive end Erasmus James leads the Big Ten with six sacks. Purdue has allowed six sacks all season.
- Purdue kicker Ben Jones is 7-for-9 on field goal attempts this season with all nine attempts from at least 31 yards out. He is 3-for-4 from 45 or further. His only misses have come from 37 and 51.