When: 11 a.m. Central, Saturday, Oct. 23
Site: Camp Randall Stadium in Madison (81,318, artificial turf).
Broadcasts: ESPN live TV coverage; 46-city Wisconsin Radio Network live coverage.
Wisconsin results to date
Home team in italics
Sept. 4—Wisconsin 34, Central Florida 6
Sept. 11—Wisconsin 18, UNLV 3
Sept. 18—Wisconsin 9, Arizona 7
Sept. 25—Wisconsin 16, Penn State 3
Oct. 2—Wisconsin 24, Illinois 7
Oct. 9—Wisconsin 24, Ohio State 13
Oct. 16—Wisconsin 20, Purdue 17
Northwestern results to date
Home team in italics
Sept. 2—TCU 48, Northwestern 45 (2 OT)
Sept. 11—Arizona State 30, Northwestern 21
Sept. 18—Northwestern 20, Kansas 17
Sept. 25—Minnesota 43, Northwestern 17
Oct. 2—Northwestern 33, Ohio State 27 (OT)
Oct. 9—Northwestern 31, Indiana 24 (2 OT)
Northwestern versus Wisconsin:
Wisconsin leads the series 53-31-5. At Madison, Wisconsin leads the series 24-15-3. Northwestern, though, has a two-game winning streak against Wisconsin, dating to a 47-44 overtime win at Camp Randall in 2000. The Badgers lost to the Wildcats 16-7 in Evanston Oct. 25, 2003. Northwestern has won four of its last seven games against UW. Wisconsin is 4-1 all-time against the Wildcats when the Badgers are ranked in the top 10. The Badgers are 6-6 against the Wildcats during head coach Barry Alvarez's tenure.
Wisconsin coach Barry Alvarez is in his 15th season at UW. He has a 106-67-4 career record.
Northwestern coach Randy Walker has a 27-38 record in his sixth season at Northwestern. He has a 86-73-5 record in his 15th season as a head coach (Miami of Ohio).
- On Nov. 29, 1891, Wisconsin defeated Northwestern 40-0, the Badgers' first win against an eventual Big Ten opponent. (Wisconsin had lost to Minnesota in 1890 and 1891 before the win over Northwestern.)
- Wisconsin will celebrate its 97th Homecoming game Saturday. The first game was in 1908.
- Although Wisconsin's opponents have run the ball 213 times this season, only five of those attempts have been for more than 20 yards.
- Wildcat tailback Noah Herron averages 4.9 yards a carry and has had five runs of 20 yards or more, including a 49-yard touchdown run against Indiana.
- Northwestern quarterback Brett Basanez set a school record for 513 passing yards in the loss to TCU, including a 69-yard pass.
- Northwestern broke a 33-year losing drought to Ohio State with the 33-27 win over the Buckeyes. Interestingly, Herron, No. 33, had 33 carries that night, the last of which was the game-winning touchdown.
- Northwestern was named the FedEx Orange Bowl National Team of the Week after defeating Ohio State.
- Wisconsin is the sixth unbeaten opponent Northwestern has faced this season.
- The Wisconsin defense allows 222.4 yards per game and a Division I-A leading 8 points per game while Northwestern's offense averages 438.5 yards per game and 27.8 points per game.
- Northwestern has played a nation-high three overtimes this year and would set a new NCAA Division I-A record if it plays a fourth. Northwestern is 5-1 in overtime games, including 4-0 against Big Ten opponents.
- Under Randy Walker, when the Wildcats have the lead heading into the fourth quarter, they have a 19-3 record; Walker has a career 68-4-1 record.
- The Badgers have scored 50 points in the fourth quarter, while their opponents have scored only 17.