Evans was able to camp at one of his long-time favorites, Ohio State, a few weeks back. Darren had hoped to earn an offer, but to date that offer has not arrived.
"I would like to hear from them, but I am not going to keep my hopes up for a team that is not going to offer me," Evans said. "I would still go to Ohio State, but if they are not going to offer I can't worry about."
Since the Buckeyes appear to be looking in another direction, another Big Ten school has leapt to the forefront.
"Wisconsin said that after they had the chance to look at my tape they were probably going to offer," Evans said. "The last time I talked to them they said it may be in a couple of weeks, that was about four days ago. I will know then if they are going to offer."
Ohio State and Mississippi State have consistently been the top two schools in the running for Evans' signature on signing day, but that has changed.
"Some things have changed in my life and I am not sure if I want to go all the way down to Mississippi State," Evans said. "When I first went down there they were my favorite, but if things work out they are still right up there. I would like Wisconsin and Virginia Tech to offer, but I really don't know where I want to go. Those are my top three schools."
With the new schools jumping into the mix for Evans, a summertime decision has now been pushed back until at least the fall.
"I wanted to make a decision before the third game of the season," he said. "I know I am going to have a good season, so some other schools may offer then. I just don't know when I will do it now."
Evans is finished with summer camps and visits and has now turned his attention towards another Indiana state championship.
Stay with Scout.com for the latest on Darren's eventual college decision.