The Badgers were in full pads once again Friday afternoon at the O'Connor Center, with continued great weather conditions.
Here are some notes/thoughts from the second session of the day:
- Quarterbacks Coach Jeff Horton said Matt Schabert and Owen Daniels are really battling it out for the No. 3 spot. He has been very impressed with John Stocco thus far, but he said his head is swimming right now with everything that's been thrown at him. Horton said he feels this is the best Brooks Bollinger has played, and he thinks Bollinger could have a future for himself in the NFL.
- Jim Leonhard had another strong practice, making a nice read for an interception in skeleton drills. He doesn't show any signs of relinquishing his starting safety spot. He said after practice that Michael Broussard is taking things extremely well. Leonhard said one of the primary factors in his promotion was his understanding of the defense.
- Jonathan Orr had another really strong practice, and he's had an outstanding week overall. Bollinger and Orr seem to have developed a strong chemistry, connecting for multiple touchdowns over the past few practices in skeleton and team drills.
- Anthony Davis also seems to be running the ball really well. It's hard to get a read on running backs when practices aren't live, but several people watching practice today commented on the sharpness of his cuts and his ability to find holes.
- Jonathan Welsh came alive and provided some pressure on the quarterback during a situational drill (3rd-and-5). The No. 2 defensive line as of this afternoon is Welsh, Nick Cochart, Mike Kleber and Darius Jones.
- Dan Buenning attended the practice and watched from the field, wearing a jersey and shorts for the first time during fall camp. He did not participate in the practice itself, but was right in the thick of things.
Friday Afternoon Practice Report
Badger Nation Top Stories
Inside the Matchup: Nebraska vs WisconsinThe Huskers travel to Madison to face the Badgers
Scout CFBYesterday at 11:00 AM
Notes: Red-Zone Offense MisfiringIn today's insider notebook, Wisconsin talks about what needs to change in the red zone, an update on injuries heading into its matchup with No.7 Nebraska, rotations on the…
Badger NationMonday at 3:39 PM
Cichy Done for the SeasonWisconsin's linebacker corps suffered its third major injury of the season, as inside linebacker Jack Cichy is done for the season following a shoulder injury suffered at Iowa…
Badger NationMonday at 10:11 AM
Red/White ObservationsThoughts and observations from No.10 Wisconsin's Red/White Scrimmage at the Kohl Center Sunday
Badger NationSunday at 1:23 PM