The Badgers were forced indoors for the first time of fall camp Tuesday morning, being bumped into the McClain Center because of inclement weather. Coach Barry Alvarez said he hopes to practice outdoors this afternoon if the weather is decent. The fields at the O'Connor Center drain very well, so if it stops raining, the Badgers will return outdoors in a few hours for the second practice.
Here are some notes/thoughts from the morning session:
- Dan Buenning remained in a jersey/shorts for the morning practice. He hopes to be available for the first game next Friday.
- The practice was conducted in full pads, as was Monday morning's workout. The last full scrimmage of fall camp will be held Wednesday afternoon at Camp Randall Stadium. It will be situational scrimmage, focusing on short-yardage and goal line situations, although the staff might have the younger players scrimmage in the a game-like situation. Alvarez said his staff has not decided that yet.
- Wendell Bryant attended Tuesday morning's practice. As he walked past the media, he jokingly shouted, "Don't even ask me the question. Of course I'm supposed to be in training camp!"
- Linebacker Alex Lewis worked with the No. 1 defense Tuesday morning because Broderick Williams was ill. Williams participated in individual drills but did not participate in the team portion of practice.
"The other kid was hurt, let's not try to read anything into that," Alvarez said. "Alex has played well since we've been here. We try to get a lot of rotation, and Broderick got sick today. They're both going to play. It's not anointing anyone No. 1 or No. 2. They're both going to play."
- B.J. Tucker and Jim Leonhard both had strong practices Tuesday morning. For those that haven't seen either of these two players since last spring, it's often a major surprise to see how they've developed. Tucker and Leonhard both had nice reads for interceptions during team drills.
- Chuckie Cowans has changed his number to No. 1. Please click on "current roster" on the left-hand side of the front page for all of the latest number changes, heights and weights. They have all changed since the media guide was printed. Our front page has the most up-to-date roster available anywhere.
- Darius Jones continues to get lots of reps with the No. 1 defense. Because of the rotation, there could be a different starting lineup from week-to-week with the front four.
- Anthony Davis continues to look sharp in inside running drills and team offense. If he can stay healthy, he should have the monster season everybody is expecting out of him.
- Check out a separate update posted before the afternoon session with some interesting comments from Alvarez.
Tuesday Morning Practice Report
Badger Nation Top Stories
Spring Position Preview - Offensive LineBadgerNation gives a snapshot preview of each position for Wisconsin's spring practices. Part five is the offensive line.
Badger Nation9:53 AM
What's Next for Wisconsin Basketball?Graduating four seniors who won 115 games over the last four seasons, Wisconsin basketball will have its reserves and incoming freshmen contribute around All-American Ethan Happ…
Badger NationYesterday at 5:04 PM
Game Day Grades: FloridaBadgerNation analyzes the game and hands out the grades from eighth-seed Wisconsin's 84-83 overtime defeat to fourth-seed Florida Friday.
Badger NationYesterday at 12:18 PM
Inside the Locker Room: WisconsinWisconsin seniors Vitto Brown, Bronson Koenig and Zak Showalter react to their final game in a Badgers uniform.
Badger NationYesterday at 8:44 AM