* Wisconsin's win was its ninth of the season. It is the third straight season (and 11th time in school history) UW has won at least nine games.
* UW is undefeated this season at Camp Randall Stadium (6-0) and 17-1 in home games since the start of the 2004 season.
* For the fourth time this season, Wisconsin's defense did not allow a touchdown.
* UW's defense allowed just 36 rushing yards today, the fourth time a team failed to crack the 100-yard rushing mark against the Badgers this season.
* With today's touchdown with 23 second left in the first half, Wisconsin has scored points within the last two minutes of the first half in seven of its 10 games (five touchdowns and two field goals).
UW INDIVIDUAL NOTES
* Taylor Mehlhaff's 37-yard field goal in the first quarter was his eighth consecutive successful field goal attempt. That is the longest streak of his career. Mehlhaff then missed a 47-yarder in the second quarter. Mehlhaff, a Lou Groza Award semifinalist, is 13-of-16 on field goals this season. All three of his misses this year are from at least 47 yards.
* Quarterback John Stocco has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 18 of the last 19 games.
* Paul Hubbard's 14-yard touchdown catch was his third of the season and third of his career.
* Running back P.J. Hill rushed for 148 yards, his eighth 100-yard rushing effort of the season. He now has 1,370 yards on the season, 12th-best among freshmen in NCAA history.
PSU POST-GAME NOTES
* LB Paul Posluszny became Penn State's all-time leader in career tackles with a hit on TE Travis Beckum with two minutes left in the first half, his ninth tackle of the game. He had 10 tackles at the half for his fourth double-digit tackle game of the season. Posluszny ended the day with 14 tackles to push his career total to 349. Greg Buttle (1973-75) is second with 343.
* Sophomore LB Sean Lee recorded two sacks (four on the year) two fumble recoveries (the first of his career) and a forced fumble (also the first of his career). His first fumble recovery gave Penn State the ball on the UW 14-yard line in the first quarter. In the fourth quarter, he sacked UW QB John Stocco, forced the fumble and recovered it on the UW 40-yard line. Lee also posted a career-high with 13 tackles.
* LB Dan Connor forced his second fumble of the season on a hit of UW QB John Stocco that gave Penn State the ball on the UW14. He also recorded his fifth sack of the season.
* DT Jay Alford recorded his team-leading (seventh) sack on the season and added (two) tackles for loss for a team-leading total of 11.5.
* Wisconsin's first quarter field goal marked just the 16th points Penn State has given up in the first quarter this season.
* PK Kevin Kelly's 39-yard in the second quarter was his 17th on the season on 25 attempts. The 17 made field goals ranks tied for eight all-time on a season for Penn State. The 25 attempts ranks tied for seventh all-time on a season.
* Freshman TE Andrew Quarless had a career-best receiving game making five catches for 62 yards and a career-long catch of 29 yards.
* S Donnie Johnson posted a career-high nine tackles on the day.
* S Anthony Scirrotto posted a career-high nine tackles on the day.