- Anthony Davis now has 11 100-yard rushing games in his 12 career apperances. He has 1,650 rushing yards, good for 15th place on the all-time UW list.
- Matt Bernstein became the first Badger since Aaron Stecker to rush for two touchdowns in the first game in which he carried the ball. Stecker accomplished the feat against SMU in 1995.
- Wisconsin has now won 11 of its last 12 night games. The only loss in that string was last year's defeat at Oregon.
- The Badgers are now 86-25-3 (.768) in 114 season openers and 78-16-2 (.823) in 96 season-opening home games. In the Alvarez era, the Badgers are 9-4 in season openers and 8-2 in season-opening home games.
- Jim Leonhard's performance last night made him the first Badger with two interceptions in one game since Mike Echols did it vs. Michigan State on Oct. 14, 2000. The last UW sophomore to intercept two passes in a game was Jamar Fletcher vs. Purdue on Nov. 6, 1999.
- The last time Wisconsin trailed in the fourth quarter of a game and won was last season at Ohio State (Oct. 13), when the Buckeyes led the Badgers 17-14 heading into the final quarter. Mark Neuser's 33-yard field goal with 2:10 remaining gave the Badgers a 20-17 victory in Columbus.
- Wisconsin is now 15-1 in its last 16 non-conference home games. The only loss in that span was a 32-20 defeat vs. Fresno State last season.
- Wisconsin had a 40:09-19:51 advantage in special teams last night. That is the Badgers' largest edge since a 41:53-18:07 advantage at Penn State last season.
- Fresno State's 34 yards rushing last night is the lowest total for a Badger opponent since UW held Penn State to 23 rushing yards last year.
- The UW defense registered four turnovers (two interceptions and two fumbles recovered) in a game for the first time since recording four interceptions and a fumble recovery at Indiana on Nov. 11, 2000.
- Brooks Bollinger improved his career record as a starter to 23-7. He needs four wins to tie the UW school record for career victories by a quarterback.
Badger Nation Top Stories
Wisconsin Defensive Coordinator Big Board 2.0Now that the job has been officially posted, BadgerNation updates the defensive coordinator big board.
Badger Nation9:37 AM
Breakdown: No.17 Wisconsin vs. MinnesotaSurviving a nail biter against Michigan Tuesday, No.17 Wisconsin is preparing for another physical tussle this afternoon against Minnesota at Williams Arena.
Badger Nation8:19 AM
Krabbenhoft Mining for Minnesota GoldAfter landing some of Minnesota's best players over the last decade, Wisconsin head coach Greg Gard has given assistant coach Joe Krabbenhoft the task of aggressively recruiting…
Badger Nation12:59 AM
FLASH SALE! 9-FOR-1 TODAY ONLY!Join the market leader in Wisconsin football, basketball and recruiting coverage today and get nine months for the price of one!
Badger NationYesterday at 10:55 PM