Courtesy of UW Sports Information:
- Junior linebacker Jeff Mack was voted today's defensive captain. Mack was awarded the captaincy by vote of his defensive teammates.
- True freshman Brandon Williams registered career-highs for receptions and receiving yards today (six catches for 125 yards). Williams' 125 yards were the third-most ever in a game by a Wisconsin freshman. The Badgers have now had a freshman receiver eclipse the 100-yard mark in two straight games. Redshirt freshman Jonathan Orr set the school record for receiving yardage in a game with 150 last week at UNLV.
- Wisconsin is now 16-1 in its last 17 non-conference games at Camp Randall Stadium.
- The Badgers are now 29-1 in the last 30 games in which they turned the ball over fewer times than their opponent.
- Senior Brooks Bollinger threw for 218 yards today (203 in the first half), the fifth-highest total of his career. On Wisconsin career charts, Bollinger moved into fifth place in pass completions with 320 and into third place in total offense with 5,757 yards.
- Bollinger has now thrown just one interception in his last 156 attempts and has thrown none in 69 attempts this season.
- Bollinger improved to 25-7 as a starter in his Wisconsin career. That leaves him two wins from tying the school career victories mark of 27 (shared by Darrell Bevell and Mike Samuel). He also is now five wins from becoming just the seventh QB in Big Ten history to win 30 games.
- Wisconsin is now 29-4-1 in its last 34 games in which it was ranked in the AP top 25 and its opponent was not.
- The Badgers accumulated 291 yards through the air today. That is the third-highest passing yardage total for the UW since the start of the 1996 season. Since '96, the only games in which the Badgers threw for more than 291 were: 368 in a 42-28 loss to Michigan State in 2001 and 292 in a 13-7 win at Iowa in 2000.
- Wisconsin has now won two straight games without having a 100-yard rusher in either game for the first time since Sept. 21 and 28, 1991.
- The Badger offense has now gone two straight games without a turnover for the first time since the last two contests of the 1999 season. In fact, Wisconsin finished that Big Ten championship campaign without a turnover in its final three games.
- Eight of Wisconsin's 10 touchdowns this season have been scored by true or redshirt freshmen. FB Matt Bernstein and Jonathan Orr have three each and RB Dwayne Smith has two.
West Virginia Game Notes
Badger Nation Top Stories
Red/White ObservationsThoughts and observations from No.10 Wisconsin's Red/White Scrimmage at the Kohl Center Sunday
Badger Nation1:23 PM
Badgers Drop Out of Top 10Although its road win gave them an important tiebreaker in the Big Ten West, Wisconsin didn't impress enough pollsters to stay in the top 10 before its weekend matchup against No.7…
Game Balls: Wisconsin at IowaBadgerNation awards the game balls for No. 10 Wisconsin’s 17-9 victory over the Iowa Hawkeyes.
Badger Nation7:52 AM
Notes: Biegel's Return a Boost for WisconsinRead out Vince Biegel's return to the lineup, Wisconsin's two-quarterback system, its multiple offensive line system and more in our insider postgame notebook.
Badger Nation1:18 AM
Fresh Faces Make the DifferenceIn one of Wisconsin's most competitive rivalries, the Badgers' freshmen - namely Quintez Cephus, Kyle Penniston and A.J. Taylor - made a big difference.
Badger NationYesterday at 3:17 PM