COURTESY OF UW SPORTS INFORMATION
- Wisconsin is now 4-0 for just the third time in the Barry Alvarez era. The other two 4-0 starts were in 1993 and 1998 (the Badgers won the Big Ten title and Rose Bowl in both of those seasons)
- Senior receiver David Braun registered career-highs of four receptions and 56 yards today. Braun entered today's game with eight career catches for 76 yards. Sophomore tight end Bob Docherty also had a career-high tying three receptions for 53 yards
- The Badgers are now 17-1 in their last 18 non-conference home games and 27-4 in the Alvarez era in home games against non-league opposition
- Wisconsin's defense recorded four turnovers today, giving the unit 14 takeaways for the season (UW had only 21 all of last season). Today marked the third time in four games that the Badger defense registered at least four takeaways. For the season, Wisconsin is a plus-11 in the turnover battle. Also, Wisconsin is 30-1 in the last 31 games in which it has won the turnover battle
- R.J. Morse averaged 41.6 yards on nine attempts, pinning the Huskies inside their own 20-yard line on four occasions
- Today's crowd of 77,460 was Wisconsin's first sellout of the season. It was the 57th consecutive crowd of more than 70,000 at Camp Randall Stadium (48 of those have been sellouts)
- Sophomore strong safety Jim Leonhard notched his fourth interception of the season today. That is more than any Badger had all of last season
- Wisconsin is now 30-4-1 in its last 35 games when it is ranked by the Associated Press and its opponent is not
- Today's victory was Wisconsin's second fourth-quarter comeback win of the season, and its sixth in the last 18 games, since the start of the 2000 season
- Badger quarterback Brooks Bollinger improved his career record as a starter to 26-7, just one win from tying the school record for career victories by a quarterback (Mike Samuel and Darrell Bevell share the mark with 27 wins apiece). Bollinger is also four wins from becoming only the seventh QB in Big Ten history to win 30 games
- In the last two games combined, Bollinger is 29-43 passing (.674) for 425 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. He also has rushed for two touchdowns (both today, including the game-winner)
- Senior defensive end Jake Sprague was selected by his defensive teammates as one of the Badgers' four team captains for today's game
Badger Nation Top Stories
Know Your Foe - No.7 NebraskaBefore No.11 Wisconsin takes on No.7 Nebraska at Camp Randall Stadium Saturday, we get the inside scoop on the Cornhuskers from Big Red Report publisher Josh Harvey.
Badger NationYesterday at 12:15 PM
The Freshman Fifteen – Patrick KaslOne of three Midwest offensive linemen signed by Wisconsin in the 2016 class, Patrick Kasl is rising up the depth chart. Badger Nation gets to know the freshman a little better in…
Badger NationYesterday at 10:27 AM
Front 7 - No.7 NebraskaBadger Nation's Front Seven ranks the top seven players based on performance, expectations and need for this week's game against No.7 Nebraska at Camp Randall Stadium.
Badger NationYesterday at 8:05 AM
Recruiting Breakdown: Nebraska vs WisconsinA look at the Badgers and Cornhuskers from a recruiting perspective. Where did the starters rate coming out of high school?
Big Red ReportYesterday at 7:19 AM