Courtesy UW Sports Information
Senior Quarterback Brooks Bollinger:
- won his 27th game as a starter, tying the school record (with Mike Samuel and Darrell Bevell) for victories by a quarterback. Bollinger's career mark is 27-7.
- now needs just three wins to become the seventh quarterback in Big Ten history to win 30 games.
- threw one touchdown pass today. He now has rushed for 21 touchdowns and passed for 29 touchdowns in his career. Only six players in Big Ten history have rushed for at least 20 touchdowns and passed for at least 30 touchdowns during their careers.
- has, in the last three games combined, completed 42-62 passes (.677) for 552 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. In addition, he has rushed for three touchdowns during that time.
Other team notes:
- Senior linebacker Jeff Mack was voted a team captain for today's game by his defensive teammates. It was the second time this season Mack has been accorded that honor. He was also a captain in the West Virginia game.
- Junior linebacker Alex Lewis' block of an Arizona punt in the second quarter was the first blocked punt by a Badger since Ryan Marks did so against Oregon on Sept. 9, 2000. Marks returned his block for a touchdown.
- The Badgers scored 24 second-quarter points today. They now have scored 95 of their 139 points (68.3 percent) this season in the second frame.
- Today marked Wisconsin's largest winning margin (21 points) of the season and was UW's largest margin of victory since a 43-22 triumph on Nov. 11, 2000.
- Wisconsin is now 18-1 in its last 19 non-conference home games, including a 4-0 mark this season.
- Today's attendance was 78,582, marking the 58th consecutive game at which Wisconsin has drawn a crowd of at least 70,000 at 76,634-seat Camp Randall Stadium. Among those 58 games, 49 have been sellouts.
- Wisconsin is now 5-0 for just the third time in the Alvarez era. The Badgers were also 5-0 in 1993 and 1998 (both seasons in which UW won the Big Ten title and Rose Bowl). The Badgers' five wins thus far in 2002 matches their season total from all of last year.
- Sophomore Anthony Davis rushed for 110 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries today. It marked Davis' 12th 100-yard rushing effort in 16 career games. Davis did not play in the second half today. True freshman Dwayne Smith, who got the bulk of Wisconsin's second-half carries, registered career-highs of 13 rushing attempts and 60 yards today.
- For the third time in five games this season, Wisconsin did not turn the ball over. The Badgers have thrown just one interception this season (last week vs. Northern Illnois) and have not lost a fumble since losing two in the season-opener vs. Fresno State. For the season, the Badgers are a remarkable plus-13 (16 TO's gained, three lost) in the cumulative turnover battle after registering a couple of interceptions today.
- Senior B.J. Tucker entered the 2002 season with no career interceptions, but has picked off three passes in the last two games, including two today.
- Wisconsin limited Arizona to 138 yards passing today after the Wildcats averaged 411.5 yards through the air in their first two games of the season.
Arizona Postgame Notes
Badger Nation Top Stories
Five Keys to Victory - IowaBefore Wisconsin takes on Iowa at Kinnick Stadium Saturday, BadgerNation looks at its five keys to victory.
Badger NationYesterday at 9:10 PM
How The West Can Still Be WonAlthough dropping two of its first three Big Ten games, No.10 Wisconsin still has all its goals in front of it as it begins the second half of its season.
Badger NationYesterday at 11:37 AM
Wisconsin vs. Iowa: Need To KnowHow to watch or listen to No.10 Wisconsin's Big Ten contest against Iowa at Kinnick Stadium Saturday and what you need to know.
Badger NationYesterday at 6:31 AM
Opponent Breakdown: IowaLooking to snap a two game losing streak and regain the Heartland Trophy, No.10 Wisconsin heads back on the road to face Iowa Saturday morning. BadgerNation provides a breakdown of…
Badger NationThursday at 3:39 PM
Sports Illustrated Included w/ BadgerNation!Becoming a BadgerNation member just got better.
Badger NationThursday at 12:49 PM