Our first postgame note comes from subscriber Badger Roy, who wanted to pass along this quick question: What is the Badgers' record in Big Ten games played at Camp Randall Stadium since the last Rose Bowl (1999 season)? Scroll down to the end of this article for the answer.
Postgame Notes Courtesy of UW Sports Information:
- Senior Jeff Mack was voted by his defensive teammates as a team captain today for the second straight game and the third time this season.
- Senior cornerback B.J. Tucker returned an interception 65 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter today. It was Tucker's fourth career touchdown (all in the last three games). It also was the first Wisconsin interception return for a TD since Mike Echols' 56-yard return against Minnesota on Nov. 4, 2000.
- Today's attendance of 79,403 was the largest of the season at Camp Randall Stadium and the 13th largest in stadium history. It marks the 59th straight game at which the Badgers have drawn a crowd of at least 70,000 at 76,634-seat Camp Randall Stadium. Among those 59 games, 50 have been sellouts.
- Senior quarterback Brooks Bollinger rushed for one touchdown and passed for two touchdowns today. He has now rushed for 22 TDs during his career and passed for 31. Bollinger today became just the seventh player in Big Ten history to rush for at least 20 career TDs and pass for at least 30 career TDs.
- With today's loss, Brooks Bollinger's career record drops to 27-8. He remains tied with Mike Samuel as the winningest QBs in school history.
- Today's game marked the first time this season that Wisconsin did not win the turnover battle. Both the Badgers and Nittany Lions threw one interception. Wisconsin also was on the short end of the time of possession battle for the first time this season.
- Today marked the third time in six games this season that a Wisconsin game was decided by three points or less. UW is 2-1 in those affairs.
- Wide receiver Jonathan Orr's 62 receiving yards give him 459 for the season. That is the second-highest receiving yardage total ever for a Badger freshman.
- Darrin Charles' 54 receiving yards marked a career single-game high.
- Zack Mills' 22-yard pass to Gerald Smith in the first quarter was Penn State's first completion to a receiver other than Bryant or Tony Johnson this season. Penn State was 75-127 through the air before that play. Smith was the first Nittany Lion receiver other than the Johnsons to catch a pass since Eddie Drummond vs. Michigan last season, a span of 11 games.
- Mills' first-quarter fumble recovery for a TD was his first rushing TD of the season and his first since the Michigan State game last season.
- Robbie Gould's 51-yard field goal in the fourth quarter was the longest of his career and his longest since a 46-yarder vs. Ohio State last season. It was PSU's longest since Ryan Primanti's 51-yarder vs. Illinois in 2000.
- Penn State's 21 first-half points today equal its season-high of 21 against Louisiana Tech.
- Penn State's 145 offensive yards in the first quarter today surpassed its TOTAL of 131 yards against the Badgers last season.
- Larry Johnson's 43-yard run in the third quarter was his longest of the season and put him over 100 yards for the third time this season. The 43-yard run was his longest since a 58-yard TD vs. Michigan State in 2000.
- Mills set a Penn State record for most passing yards in back-to-back games with 686. He had 399 last week vs. Iowa and 287 today. Kerry Collins formerly held the record with 630 yards in consecutive games in 1993.
And last but not least, the answer to Badger Roy's "Fact of the Weak" (Roy's pun, intended) -- The Badgers are 2-7 in Big Ten games held at Camp Randall Stadium since the last Rose Bowl.
Penn State Postgame Notes
Badger Nation Top Stories
Watch - Badgers Commit Ben Bryant 7v7 ActionCHICAGO, Ill. -- Highlights of Wisconsin quarterback commit Ben Bryant in action at the Pylon 7-on-7 Midwest Regional qualifier.
Scout Football9:40 AM
Breakdown: No.16 Wisconsin vs. Ohio StateNeeding a win to stay in first place in the Big Ten, No.16 Wisconsin looks for a season sweep of Ohio State tonight in Columbus. BadgerNation breaks down the match-up.
Badger Nation2:18 AM
Paris Embracing New RoleIt's a move that didn't change things on the court for Wisconsin, but head coach Greg Gard promoting Lamont Paris to associate head coach in the offseason has benefited the Badgers…
Badger Nation12:41 AM
Wisconsin Offer Huge for MannsOhio wide receiver Jornell Manns picked up two Big Ten offers in the past week, and Minnesota and Wisconsin are both high on his list.
Scout FootballYesterday at 2:07 PM