- Mike Lorenz was moved to tight end for this game, to help give the Badgers some strength up front in the absence of starter Bob Docherty. Lorenz wore No. 89.
- Speaking of No. 89, senior Jesse Mayfield has left the program. Mayfield quit the team six weeks shy of his eligibility running out. He was not in a position to get playing time, and felt he could better use the time to get his academics in order.
- Alex Lewis did not see a single snap on defense for the first time this season. When asked if there was a reason for the move, Coach Barry Alvarez simply replied, "no."
- True freshman Lamarr Watkins started for the first time in his career vs. Ohio State. He replaced former starter Kareem Timbers.
- Brett Bell started in favor of Ryan Aiello at free safety, although the two split playing time throughout the game.
- Anthony Davis carried 25 times for 144 yards and one touchdown. It was Davis' fourth 100-yard effort of the season and the 14th time he's reached the century mark in 19 career appearances. This was Davis' highest rushing total since his 184-yard performance vs. Fresno State in the season opener. Davis has rushed for 247 yards and two touchdowns in two games against Ohio State.
- Today's crowd of 79,729 was the largest of the season at Camp Randall Stadium and the fifth-largest in stadium history. It was the largest crowd in Madison since 79,806 watched the 1997 Michigan game. Today marked the 60th consecutive game at which the Badgers have drawn at least 70,000 fans at 76,634-seat Camp Randall Stadium (51 of those have been sellouts).
- Jonathan Orr had four catches for 107 yards and one touchdown today. Orr now has 32 receptions for a UW freshman-record 596 yards and seven touchdowns this season. Orr today eclipsed Tony Simmons' old freshman receiving yardage record of 588 set in 1994. Orr needs one touchdown reception to tie Simmons' freshman record of eight. Also, Orr's 107-yard performance was his second 100-yard effort of the season and only the sixth time in school history that a freshman registered 100 yards in a game (three of those have occured this season).
- Senior lineman Jake Sprague was voted by his defensive teammates as a team captain for today's game. It was the third time that has happened this season.
- Today marked the first game this season that the Badger defense did not register a turnover. UW was minus-2 in the turnover battle vs. the Buckeyes.
- Jim Sorgi's 42-yard touchdown pass to Jonathan Orr and Anthony Davis' 41-yard touchdown run were two of Wisconsin's four-longest plays from scrimmage this season. Davis' run was the UW's longest run from scrimmage in 2002.
- The Badgers had a season-low three penalties today.
- Wisconsin joined Kent State as the only teams to outrush Ohio State this season. The Badgers' 180 yards on the ground were the most vs. the fourth-ranked Buckeyes this season.
Badger Nation Top Stories
How The West Can Still Be WonAlthough dropping two of its first three Big Ten games, No.10 Wisconsin still has all its goals in front of it as it begins the second half of its season.
Badger Nation11:37 AM
Wisconsin vs. Iowa: Need To KnowHow to watch or listen to No.10 Wisconsin's Big Ten contest against Iowa at Kinnick Stadium Saturday and what you need to know.
Badger Nation6:31 AM
Opponent Breakdown: IowaLooking to snap a two game losing streak and regain the Heartland Trophy, No.10 Wisconsin heads back on the road to face Iowa Saturday morning. BadgerNation provides a breakdown of…
Badger NationYesterday at 3:39 PM
Sports Illustrated Included w/ BadgerNation!Becoming a BadgerNation member just got better.
Badger NationYesterday at 12:49 PM
The Freshman Fifteen – Kendric PryorOne of three scholarship receivers signed by Wisconsin in 2016, Kendric Pryor hopes Wisconsin’s restocking of talent at the position doesn’t go to waste. Badger Nation gets to know…
Badger NationYesterday at 12:20 PM