1) Anthony Davis – Is there any doubt Davis got a little bit more amped for this game because of all the attention surrounding Maurice Clarett? Watching Anthony Davis limp off the field, then burst through the line of scrimmage, break tackles and make sharp cuts on the very next drive tells you something about the heart of the sophomore tailback. Davis had his best game of the year, racking up 144 yards with a bum ankle against a great defense.
2) Jim Sorgi – No matter how little playing time Jim Sorgi is allotted, he is always up to the task when called upon. Sorgi said if he gets the nod next week, he will spend countless extra hours studying film and came just short of guaranteeing a win. While everyone wants to see Brooks Bollinger healthy and able to play, a Sorgi start in his home state wouldn't be a bad changeup for a team at a major crossroads. Sorgi's confidence and knowledge clearly rubs off on his teammates, and he nearly led the Badgers to a monumental victory.
3) Jonathan Orr – On Sorgi's first drive, Orr got himself wide open on a post route that would have been a long touchdown strike had the ball been thrown properly. Sorgi was angry with himself and immediately wished he could have that route back. So he went after it again two plays later. Once again, Orr was open, and Sorgi hit him with a perfect strike on a 42-yard touchdown pass to take the lead into halftime. Orr broke Tony Simmons' freshman receiving record with this game, and continues to be the Badgers' No. 1 target.
4) Broderick Williams – Coach Barry Alvarez wouldn't get into specifics, but the coaching staff did not feel comfortable giving JUCO transfer Alex Lewis any playing time outside of special teams this afternoon. Williams stepped up to the plate and delivered the best game of his career. He led the team with 10 tackles and recorded a sack.
5) Lamarr Watkins – Starting his first game as a true freshman, Watkins has come an awfully long way, considering the fact that two and a half months ago, Watkins began practice as one of five incoming tailbacks. Watkins took over for the struggling Kareem Timbers, and was tied for second (with Kyle McCorison) with nine tackles on the afternoon.
Badger Nation Stars of the Game
Badger Nation Top Stories
Biegel Staying Home to Play for the Pack!The leader of some of Wisconsin’s most dominant defenses, outside linebacker Vince Biegel has a short commute, staying instate to play for the Green Bay Packers.
Badger Nation9:04 AM
2018 Breakdown: Wide ReceiversBadgerNation takes a look at the 2018 recruiting class at each position. Today we look at the receivers.
Badger Nation6:26 AM
Wisconsin N.F.L. Draft Preview - SleepersAfter Wisconsin had two players selected in Thursday's first round, the Badgers could have a number of seniors selected Friday and Saturday. We take a closer look.
Badger NationYesterday at 2:14 PM
At Long Last, Williams Gets Wisconsin OfferClass of 2019 standout Kyren Williams is a prospect that the Big 10 Conference schools are already tracking closely. He has secured his first three offers from and they are all…
Scout FootballYesterday at 9:46 AM
Big Draft Night for WisconsinWisconsin has multiple first-rounders for fifth time in school history, as outside linebacker T.J. Watt and offensive tackle Ryan Ramczyk - a couple early entrants - get picked on…
Badger NationThursday at 9:01 PM