- The Badgers are now 2-9 at home against Big Ten teams since winning back-to-back Rose Bowls.
- Jim Sorgi is now 0-5 as Wisconsin's starting quarterback.
- Jim Leonhard's Big Ten leading eighth interception in the third quarter places him second on the school single-season interceptions list.
- Mike Allen's 44-yard field goal in the second quarter was his fourth field goal more than 40 yards of length this season.
- The Wisconsin defense registered five takeaways for the second time this season. The Badgers now have 27 takeaways for the season and are plus-16 in the turnover battle on the year.
- Dwayne Smith registered his second 100-yard rushing game of the season (he had 110 at Michigan State) with his career-high 122-yard performance. Smith also rushed for a pair of touchdowns, giving him the first multiple touchdown game of his career.
- Brandon Williams caught a career-high seven passes.
- Today's attendance was 78,708, marking the 61st consecutive contest at which the Badgers have drawn a crowd of at least 70,000 at 76,634-seat Camp Randall Stadium. Among those 61 games, 52 have been sellouts.
ILLINOIS POST-GAME NOTES
- Antoineo Harris rushed for 158 yards to register his first 1,000-yard season. It was also the first 1,000-yard season for an Illini since Robert Holcombe rushed for 1,253 in 1997.
- Harris recorded his fourth 100-yard game of the season. His four 100-yard efforts are the most for an Illini since Holcombe had five in 1997.
- With four made PATs, Peter Christofilakos moved into the Big Ten record books with 64 consecutive extra points made. He is is now ninth on the list.
- Walter Young had a personal high nine receptions. He reached the 100-yard receiving mark for the second time this season and the sixth of his career.
- Jon Beutjer threw four touchdown passes, marking the third time this season he has thrown for four scores.
- Illinois' win improves the Illini record in the series to 35-29-7 and evens the series in Madison at 16-16-4.
- Greg Lewis caught two touchdown passes to move into seventh place on the school's career touchdown receptions list. Walter Young caught his 14th career touchdown to move into fifth place.
- Travis Williams' fourth-quarter interception was the first of his career.
- Illinois registered 504 yards of total offense, surpassing the 500-yard mark for the fourth time this season. Illinois has topped 600 yard twice this year.
Badger Nation Top Stories
Hauser Heaps Praise on WisconsinThe top recruiting target for Wisconsin basketball, five-star 2018 center Joey Hauser details his unofficial visit to Wisconsin, his relationship with the staff, if he has a top…
Badger Nation11:14 AM
Sitkowski Knows Where He Stands with BadgersDAVENPORT, Fla.-- Artur Sitkowski is one of the top signal callers in the country. The Scout 100 quarterback has plenty of suitors, but as he prepares for spring visits, there are…
Scout Football6:12 AM
Commitment Impact - Mason PlatterWisconsin taps into Menomonie (WI) High for the third straight season for a scholarship player. What are the Badgers getting in outside linebacker Mason Platter? We examine the…
Badger Nation12:54 AM
Commitment Impact - Boyd DietzenOne of the top high school programs in the country, Kimberly (WI) High is sending its third scholarship player to Wisconsin in two years with defensive end Boyd Dietzen. We examine…
Badger Nation12:54 AM
Platter makes three in a day for UWMenomonie (Wis.) linebacker Mason Platter talks about his decision to commit to Wisconsin only one day after receiving an offer.
Scout FootballYesterday at 1:29 PM