Here are some notes regarding Anthony Davis' 45 carry, 301 yard, five touchdown afternoon:
- 301 rushing yards are third-most ever in a game by a Badger (Ron Dayne had 339 vs. Hawaii in 1996 and Billy Marek had 304 vs. Minnesota in 1974)
- 45 carries are third-most ever in a game by a Badger (Dayne had 50 vs. Minnesota in 1996 and Michael Bennett had 48 vs. Northwestern in 2000)
- Five touchdowns tied school record of five set by Billy Marek vs. Minnesota in 1974
- Davis' top two rushing yardage performances have come vs. Minnesota. In addition to today's performance, he had 29 carries for 208 yards and three touchdowns last season vs. the Gophers. His two-game totals against Minnesota are 74 carries for 509 yards and eight touchdowns
- Davis now has 275 carries, 1,476 yards (just 10 behind his total of last season) and 12 touchdowns (one more than he had last season)
- This was Davis' 17th 100-yard rushing effort of this 23-game career at Wisconsin
- Davis now has 23 career rushing touchdowns, tied for seventh-most in school history after not quite two full seasons
- Davis' 71-yard touchdown run was the longest run of his career
Here are other notes from the game:
- Today's victory gives Wisconsin a winning regular season (7-6 record) and makes the Badgers bowl-eligible
- Today marked QB Brooks Bollinger's eighth fourth-quarter comeback victory (third this season) of his 29-win Badger career
- Seniors Brooks Bollinger, Al Johnson, B.J. Tucker and Jake Sprague served as Wisconsin's captains for today's game. Those four players, along with Ben Johnson, David Braun, Ryan Simmons, Russ Kuhns, Jason Jowers, Matt Mialik and Nate Howard, were introduced today prior to their final home game as Badgers
- Today's attendence at Camp Randall Stadium was 78,843, the third-largest home crowd of the season for Wisconsin. For the season, the Badgers drew a school-record 624,182 fans to eight home games. That is an average of 78,023 per game, the fifth-highest average in school history
- Jim Leonhard's two fourth-quarter interceptions today give him a school-record 10 for the season (breaking the old record of nine set in 1970 by Neovia Greyer). Leonhard's 10 INTs tie for third-most in a season in Big Ten history. The only player in Big Ten history with more interceptions in a season than Leonhard was Illinois' Al Brosky who had 11 INTs in both 1950 and 1951
- Darrin Charles' 12-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter was his first touchdown catch of the season and his third of his career. It was the Badgers' first touchdown pass since the Michigan State on Oct. 26
- Wisconsin's season-high 416 rushing yards today were the fourth-most in a game during the Alvarez era and the most since the UW had 420 in the 1999 season finale against Iowa
- Wisconsin has had more 200-yard rushers (six) against Minnesota than any other Badger opponent
- Wisconsin had two 100-yard rushers today (Davis with 301 yards and Bollinger with 112) for the first time since Davis and Dwayne Smith each went over the century mark at Michigan State Oct. 26. Bollinger's last 100-yard effort prior to today was a 112-yard performance at Penn State on Sept 22., 2001.
- UW's 49 points were the most in a game for the Badgers since a 59-0 win over Indiana on Oct. 16, 1999.
- The last time the Badgers allowed 30 or more points in a game in which they won was a 38-31 win over UCLA in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1, 1999.
- Today's win allows Brooks Bollinger to improve his career record as a starter to 29-12. Bollinger is the winningest QB in school history.
- Jim Leonhard returned two Minnesota punts for 24 yards today. That allowed him to surpass NIck Davis' school record for punt return yards (427 yards in 1998). Leonhard now has 438 punt return yards this season.
Badger Nation Top Stories
Who's Still Left for Wisconsin?Sitting at 16 verbal commits in its 2018 recruiting class, Wisconsin likely only has a few spots remaining to fill. Who are the realistic options the staff is targeting?
Badger Nation10:30 AM
Hescock Granted Transfer RequestSwitched positions and buried on the depth chart, Wisconsin redshirt freshman Jake Hescock has been granted his release from the program.
Badger Nation9:56 AM
Wisconsin Reaching Out to Zeke NnajiSlated to have a big 2019 recruiting class, Wisconsin has made sure to reach out early to Minnesota native and talented power forward Zeke Nnaji.
Scout Hoops6:35 AM
Blaylock Debating Between Stanford, WisconsinAfter two impressive campus visits in June, Humble (TX) Atascocita cornerback Travian Blaylock will decide between Stanford and Wisconsin.
Badger NationYesterday at 5:09 PM