1) Anthony Davis - Davis delivered one of the best individual performances in UW football history, with 45 carries for 301 yards and five touchdowns. Davis looked as sharp as he has ever been last week against Michigan, and stepped it up another notch this afternoon. The Gophers simply could not stop the run, and Davis almost never went down on initial contact.
2) Brooks Bollinger - The Badgers decided before the game that the offense would depend almost exclusively on Davis and Bollinger. They both delivered. While Bollinger didn't do much in the passing game, there wasn't much attempted. Bollinger rushed for 112 yards on 18 carries, and didn't hurt the Badgers with poor decisions. This was a fitting final performance for the all-time winningest quarterback in school history.
3) Jim Leonhard - We might as well let the cat out of the bag right now. When Badger Nation releases it's awards issue following the season, the Most Valuable Player will be Jim Leonhard. How could it not be? To say Leonhard has exceeded all expectations would be the understatement of a lifetime. He keeps on producing week after week, defying his size and experience. Leonhard sealed the game with two interceptions late in the fourth quarter, giving him a school-record and nation-leading 10 picks on the year.
4) Lamarr Watkins -- Coach Barry Alvarez mentioned Watkins following the game as one of the young players that could become great. Watkins is getting better each week, and he led the team with eight tackles today, including three tackles-for-loss. Watkins is a great athlete who's intelligence makes him even better.
5) Jeff Mack-- To describe the pain Mack has been going through the last six weeks would take a novel. Mack has been devastated, having to sit out while his team slowly fell apart. But his return helped spark a renewed enthusiasm on defense, and his seven tackles were one shy of the team lead. Mack played very well for someone returning off a brutal injury. Six weeks ago, Mack had 15 percent usage of his arm, unable to do anything more than lift his arm slightly off his body. It is not 100 percent yet, but Mack is a warrior.
Badger Nation Stars of the Game
Badger Nation Top Stories
Red/White ObservationsThoughts and observations from No.10 Wisconsin's Red/White Scrimmage at the Kohl Center Sunday
Badger NationYesterday at 1:23 PM
Badgers Drop Out of Top 10Although its road win gave them an important tiebreaker in the Big Ten West, Wisconsin didn't impress enough pollsters to stay in the top 10 before its weekend matchup against No.7…
ScoutYesterday at 11:10 AM
Game Balls: Wisconsin at IowaBadgerNation awards the game balls for No. 10 Wisconsin’s 17-9 victory over the Iowa Hawkeyes.
Badger NationYesterday at 7:52 AM
Notes: Biegel's Return a Boost for WisconsinRead out Vince Biegel's return to the lineup, Wisconsin's two-quarterback system, its multiple offensive line system and more in our insider postgame notebook.
Badger NationYesterday at 1:18 AM