Editor's Note: This article originally appeared on CBS Fantasy and was written by RotoWire Staff.
Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott is faster and stronger heading into his second season in the league, Clarence J. Hill of The Dallas Star-Telegram reports. "They tested last Monday," quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson said Wednesday during the media availability of the first week of OTA practices. "He has improved strength-wise, flexibility-wise, speed-wise, quickness-wise. He is not resting on anything that went on last year."
The Cowboys recently tested participating players in the 20-yard dash, bench press, cone drills and vertical jump, among other activities. Prescott reportedly surpassed his first-year numbers across the board, which he attributed to his offseason work with Cowboys strength coach Mike Woicik. While these athletic improvements are unlikely to significantly improve Prescott's passing stats in 2017, being faster and quicker could lead to higher rushing totals, while being stronger and more flexible should boost his durability.
Fantasy Analysis from Scout Fantasy: Prescott grabbed the Fantasy world by short ones last season and likely reminded Dallas fans of their classic, championship-winning teams from the early '90s. Duplicating success won't be easy. The NFL is quick to adjust and teams will be gunning for the second-year Mississippi St. product. Prescott is ranked as a low-end QB1 here at Scout Fantasy. If he can get stud WR Dez Bryant more consistently involved, the sky's the limit for Prescott's Fantasy production. The running game will be dialed in and Prescott must continue to improve the finer details of his game. His footwork, especially on the move, when delivering the football can be sloppy and inconsistent. Yet there's no denying he had one of the best rookie QB seasons of all-time.
That's right #ScoutArmy, our Season-Long Fantasy Football Contests are back! We have something for everyone!
$35 Starter Leagues - 95% PAYOUTS - Highest Anywhere!
- These are affordable leagues to help introduce players to competitive, prize league fantasy football.
- Slow Email Draft (6 hour timer) -or- Live Online Draft (90 second timer)
- Then choose one of the following three options:
- Full Season - Set Wkly lineups & add Wkly F/A. (18 man rosters - 18 rounds of drafting)
- Draft Only - No Lineups - No Waivers - Just Draft. (24 man rosters - 24 rounds of drafting)
- QB SuperFlex Draft Only - Same as above but you can use a QB in the FLEX position.
- No weekly lineups, no weekly waivers… Just draft!
- 28 rounds of action, offered as live online drafts (75 second timer) and slow drafts (6 hour timer, extended overnight 1am-7am)
- 1st Place - $500 Cash
- 2nd Place - $250 Cash or (1) 2018 Online Championship Team ($299 value)
- 3rd Place - $150 Cash or (2) 2018 Draft-n-Go Teams ($99 value)
And reservations are being taken now for our flagship contests in Vegas and Online!