It's kinda fun to look at the PGA Tour Leaders-2014 here at the halfway point in the season, especially at the very bottom of the list. We know about Bubba Watson at the top making $4,978,679.50 so far this year, but let's take a look at who's at the bottom, ranked 350th, and at some of the notables who have made just $10,000 or less on the PGA Tour.
- Chris DiMarco brings up the rear making $6,370.
- Among those making $10,000 or less are major champions Tom Watson, Mark O'Meara, Craig Stadler, Ian Woosnam and Ben Crenshaw.
- Sandy Lyle, another major champion, has made $27,972.
Don't start passing the hat for these guys quite yet. They get money from sponsorships and appearances, plus on the Champions Tour Watson has made $379,296; O'Meara $274,207; Stadler $117,223; Lyle $52,017; and Crenshaw $43,166.
On the PGA Tour:
- 72 players have made $1 million or more (Martin Flores is 72nd with $1,008,731.56).
- 25 have made $2 million or more (Keegan Bradley is 25th at $2,046,589.50).
- Eight are at $3 million-plus (Jim Furyk is eighth at $3,076,615).
- Three have earned $4 million or more (Dustin Johnson is third at $4,082,230.30).
On the Champions Tour:
Being a pro golfer is a good gig if you can get the work. But based on tour earnings alone, it's interesting to see that if you work at Jimmy Johns, there's a good chance you make more than the bottom feeders on tour.