I see what your saying, but where is the loyalty with these kids. He has at least two offers already and has a ton of interest. I just think it is unfortunate that they are not learning a character trait like loyalty, that has gotten me far in my life today.
Smaller D3 and D4 schools I can see where it hurts them losing a stud but some of these D2 school have a D1 enrollment of over 3,000 students which means over 1,500 boys. So why is it some schools still have 45 or less players on a varsity squad? Just by pure math you should be able to have 75 players on a team from a school that size. Is it cost?
ASU: 5 time baseball National Champions 3 time Pac10 football champions
I totally agree, but school choice drives contemporary education. Athletics play a huge role in said education. In the end, we have created this system and it has had a huge impact on character. Sad really, but adults, not teens, are responsible. I wish there was a different way, but I also hope this young man finds guidance, success, and peace.
Maybe his life situation could be a little rough down South. Is it about Championships or better leverage with the Colleges offering. Not all scholarships are full boat. With more offers comes more leverage. Yes, it all sounds good to play with your neighborhood buddies but if this kid were the most gifted student and wanted to transfer to a High School that provided a more sophisticated curriculum to advance him into a better college academically, no body would bat an eye.
The kid is lights out and has a skill set that is ridiculous high level. If you think transferring is all peaches and cream with a ton of upside, it's not. It takes a lot of courage for the kid to leave his buddies and move into a new area with new team mates and classmates. He is only going to spend about 20% of his time with and around football. What does he do with the other 80%.. He's gonna have some challenges with the transition, I'm sure.
Good for the kid, I hope he balls out and gets more out of the transfer than he had ever hoped for...