So what are your Zero Week thoughts. Here are a few:
- Centennial will be Centennial this year. Live and die by the line. If you can't win the battle in the trenches against them you better be able to air it out - quick. I also think they will clean up the sloppy play from the LBP game
- Desert Edge does not belong in D3
- Chandler is the team to beat
- Hamilton is gunning to beat them - they went south and embarrassed a usually competitive IR team
- Talking about down South, how far has Salpointe fallen. Its a bad day when they can't defend their home field against CV
- Is Mt. View on the rise or Horizon on the fall. I expect a bit of both. DeGrenier has built a staff and his time has come to make or break it. Horizon is looking for anyone to replace all those yards lost to graduation.
- Pinnacle. Welcome back to the reality of a team that has never had defense and what that means to a team that suddenly has no offense. They can't run, have no speed in the pass game and have to rely on a talented Frosh QB. Its gonna be a long season.
- QC and DM? I thought there would be more than 14 points from the overly hyped Kurt Warner NFL Pro style offensive juggernaut that all of the kool-aide drinkers have been gushing over. You need players to run that stuff and they weren't on the field on Friday night. Gotta give QC credit for focusing in the hype zone and battling - as they do - for the W
- RM. What? What is going on? Huge squad; more Coaches than Mohns has veneers and they still can't seem to get Ws on the board. Congrats Mesa - they have a great Haka.
- Speaking of Mohns: Saguaro- why are you playing Valley Vista?? Learn a thing or two from teams who look for a challenge to start the season
- PV - why are you playing Rincon - see above - since deciding to go to D3 you should at least look like you want to play some competition
- Did Brophy play last night? Who?
Well thats all I got - for now. Glad to see this whole shebang finally get going. Its finally football season (thank god!)