With Spring Football right around the corner, it is clear that football season is quickly approaching. The best time of the year is less than 5 months away. So.....if it is not too early, what is everyone's top 5 for the bottom 3 divisions going into the 2014 season?
Here are my top 5:
1. Bagdad- top dog until some team proves they can hang.
2. Mogollon- runner-up last year and always tough.
3. Pima- DEPTH AND YOUTH was the calling card in 2013.
4. Gilbert Christian- has improved every year.
5. Joe City- A John Bryant coached team not in the pre-season top 5? BLASPHEMY!
1. Yuma Catholic- defending champs have a ton of skill players coming back, including the best QB in the division.
2. ALA- was young last year and was a play or two away from going to the title game. Should be even better.
3.Round Valley- a physical, hard-nosed style always stands the test of time in HS football. Will be good again.
4. Tempe Prep- have a lot coming back and pounded the defending champs in the playoffs. Should be solid again.
5. Northwest- lets face it, the Crusaders will right the ship and probably end up in the title game after a dissapointing "down" year.
1. Showlow- has unfinished business to attend to. And when the White-Mountain rivalry takes center stage, Paul Moro will not be in the stadium.
2. Seton Carholic- winning is a habit!! The Sentinals will be lighting it up again in the fall.
3. River Valley- will they be a one hit wonder?
4. Blue Ridge- they will be solid, but with Moro not game-planning for the Jackets, my guess is the GOLIATH-like aura will fade.
5. Your guess is better than mine.