1. Coaching, I was a little concerned how this whole Co-Coaches would work out (or coach by Committee), But I was very Impress by watch the coaching staff work the game. The instructions they where giving the Line after coming off the field, Both OL & DL. and the play calling. not what I saw last year, when it was just pitch to Long. The Coaching Staff seemed very up-beat and was high fiving players, pumping up lineman and had the team well disciplined
Great Job Coaches.
2. Quarterback, WOW, my other concern was how the QB play would be this year. Was impressed with his throws and accuracy. the only missed passes where drop balls (2 for TDs if the receivers held on) Made good reads and Tucked & Run when nothing was there. The Tight End is a Monster, 6"4", 245 and is quick (great Job finding Him) If RV can complete 8-15 passes, this will complement an already Great Run Game. Then we will be Unbeatable This Year, IMO.
3. Special Teams, The Kicker has one heck of a Leg. 7 of the 10 kick-offs where out of the back of end zone. I have not seen a kicker like this in Div4 ball for some time. Limiting the return team touch's will be Hugh. Having the opposing team at the 20 to start, with our Defense is also be a great advantage to us. I believe Kingman only crossed the 50 twice all game(or maybe more in the 4th as I was Talking to a Poster from another site after it was garbage time)
4. Run Game, Have a dual threat this year, Along with Long , Galvez ran the ball hard and is quicker then Long. I see both with 1200 Plus yards this season, And #20 had some nice runs as well. OL is Hugh as well. Faster and Bigger then last years team. Defininaty been eating their Wheaties & Working hard in the off-season...
5. Defense, This will be what wins us games. man are they Big and Fast. Kingman was defiantly out sized up front. (as I believe most teams will be this year) had 2-picks, one retuned for TD, a fumble return for TD and a punt return as well. 3-scores from "D" was great to see.
I also what to mention the QB for Kingman is one tough Kid, #7 was beat up and hit almost every down, got up slowly and just keep playing. He was hurting but held his head high. Great Job to that young man.