Team Rankings: 11/8
1. Hamilton (11-0) - I think it is a clear Hamilton #1 and then everyone else for #2.
2. Salpointe (9-1) - Have played a much easier schedule than everybody in the top 10 but did hold their own in their one loss to Hamilton.
3. Basha (9-1) - The loss to Cibola is what made me put them at #3.
4. Mesquite (8-2) - One point loss to Basha and a loss to #1 5A2 Chaparral.
5. Mountain Pointe (8-2)
6. Desert Vista (8-2) - Did anyone expect the Thunder to be here?
7. Chandler (7-3) - I think they make a case to be #2. Losses to Hamilton, Centennial and DV minus Hundley.
8. Mt. Ridge (8-2)
9. Desert Ridge (7-3) - This team is red hot. They have scored 40 or more in their last 4 games.
10. Red Mountain (6-4)
1. Chaparral (10-0) - Like 5A1, I think it is Chaparral clearly at the top.
2. Centennial (9-1)
3. O'Connor (10-0)
4. Westview (8-2) - After this, things really could go a number of ways.
5. Boulder Creek (8-3)
6. Marcos de Niza (8-2)
7. Perry (7-3)
8. Horizon (7-3)
9. Millennium (7-3)
10. Fairfax (8-2) - I think a number of teams could make claims to this spot like Lake Havasu or Ironwood Ridge
1. Canyon del Oro (10-0) - Rolled through regular season and proved they could win without Carey.
2. Cienega (9-1) - Lone loss is to a solid Cactus Shadows teams.
3. Saguaro (8-2) - Dangrous team led by Teddy Ruben. They know how to win come playoff time.
4. Queen Creek (8-2) - Losses to Saguaro and CDO.
5. Sabino (8-2) - I don't like the one loss to Catalina Foothills.
6. Peoria (8-2)
7. Bradshaw Mountain (8-2)
8. Apollo (8-2)
9. Cactus Shadows (7-3)
10. Kellis (7-3)
1. Cactus (9-1) - One loss is to a very good Queen Creek team in OT a week after going into OT with Saguaro.
2. Williams Field (10-0)
3. Notre Dame (9-1)
4. Washington (9-1)
5. Mingus (8-2)
6. Desert Edge (9-2)
7. Liberty (9-1)
8. Amphitheater (10-1)
9. Thunderbird (6-4) - Unexpectedly played everyone tough.
10. Higley (5-5) - Five very tough losses, this is a very dangerous 5-5 team.
Team Rankings: Final Edition
AZ Prep Report Top Stories
Crisis Averted: Coug OT signee qualifiesFOR ONE MEMBER of the 2017 class, Cougar fans might not have known he was in serious jeopardy of not qualifying academically. With one final algebra test left and his future on the…
CougfanYesterday at 3:35 PM
Answering Your Latest MSU FB QuestionsAnswering your latest Michigan State Football questions and emails...
Spartan NationYesterday at 6:47 AM
CuseCast: Episode 41Marek Dolezaj commits to Syracuse basketball, what's left for SU in 2017 to finalize the roster, Syracuse football recruiting gaining momentum, guest Evan Daniels and answering…
Cuse NationThursday at 9:10 PM
Mountain West Schools In Pursuit Of CaldwellRICHMOND, Calif. -- Three programs have emerged as strong contenders for three-star wide receiver Jarick Caldwell, who turned in a good performance at The Opening Regional...
Scout FootballThursday at 6:31 PM