There were two commitments in Arizona with in a few hours of each other.
First, former Tempe Corona del Sol DE Cassius Peat, who now is enrolled at Pima CC after spending a year at Michigan State, announced that he committed to UCLA after an unofficial visit to LA.
Peat was committed to the Bruins while in high school but eventually signed with MSU and red-shirted. Since he has enrolled in junior college, he must graduate before he can play at a four-year school. He says he will graduate from Pima after the Spring semester and have three years to play at UCLA.
Arizona's class of 2018 got it's first commitment when Vail Cienega athlete Jamarye Joiner pledged to Arizona.
Joiner plays quarterback now and is having an outstanding junior season. Cienega is undefeated and Joiner has thrown for 581 yards and 4 TDs with zero interceptions. He has 358 yards rushing on just 33 carries and has scored 7 TDs on the ground.
* On of the state's biggest sleeper prospects, DE Daniel Callendar from Yuma Catholic, received his first offer. South Dakota State offered the 6-foot-6, 220 pounder.
Callendar has 21 tackles and 3.5 sacks this year.
* What a week Scottsdale Saguaro OT Jax Wacaser had. He received three big time offers. Virginia, Washington State and Vanderbilt all offered in a two day time frame.
Wacaser has looked spectacular this season for the undefeated Sabercats. He plays right tackle and plays with a nasty disposition.
* Another quality offensive linemen, Creston Cooledge from Surprise Valley Vista received a FBS offer, this one coming from Air Force.
Cooledge (6-5 250) also has D1 offers from New Mexico State, Montana, Columbia and Cornell.
* Central High School has proven that people will find you if you an play. Last year, DE Azur Kamara received some D1 offers but academics forced him to go the JC route. This year, OT Micah Vanterpool is head coach John Clanton's top prospect. And Vanterpool received his first D1 offer.
Vanterpool tells me that UNLV extended an offer on Friday.
Vanterpool has an interesting story. He did not play as a junior and came out again for football in the Spring. At 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds, people were intrigued but he had zero film. His early senior film came out and showed a ton of promise.
Vanterpool carries above a 3.0 GPA.
* 2019 QB Spencer Rattler from Phoenix Pinnacle has plenty of offers already, but he added another when Arizona offered.
Rattler has completed 59% of his passes, thrown for 1,057 yards and 7 TDs versus 4 INTs. He has 230 yards and 2 scores on the ground.
* Lastly, freshman DE Jason Harris, yes a freshman! Received his third D1 offer. Oregon State and Arizona offered previously and Illinois jumps in to make three.
Harris (6-6 210) has made 7 tackles, 2.5 sacks and 1 INT this year at the varsity level.null