Girls PrepAZ.com's 4A Pre-Season Top 10
1) Thunderbird. Two time state champs; four returning starters, ‘nuff said.
2) Cactus. Sours, Nesbit, Nolte & co. eager to prove that Dec. 02 pasting of T-bird was no fluke
3) Chaparral. Hung with T-bird in last year's final. Can new coach take them all the way?
4) Catalina Foothills. Tucson experts tell us this team is strong enough to pull off a state title.
5) Sinagua. Good established group, and some flashy youngsters.
6) Tucson Palo Verde. Arnold, Arnold, Arnold
7) Flagstaff. Always scrappy, always competitive.
8) Saguaro. Some good ‘08 club kids headed this way. This program is never really down, and doesn't look to be for years to come.
9) Glendale. Losing Cielo costs them 4 places on this list.
10) Greenway. Montoya's got kids ready to win with his system.
Other knocking on the door:
Aqua Fria, Marana, Centennial