Gilrs 5A Pre-season Top 10.
1. Salpointe. Numbers 1 and 2 could be a coin flip, but Tucson folks would take it more personally than St. Mary's fans.
2. St. Mary's. St. Maybes no longer. They won't be happy with less than a title.
3. Desert Vista. No one knows YET about their transfer post player.
4. Red Mountain. Losing Metz will hurt, but we'll see how far star frosh Kayla can take them.
5. Mesquite. Rave reviews from summer ball.
6. Tucson Flowing Wells. The consensus second best in the Old Pueblo.
7. Corona del Sol. Another perennial power. Helmers'/Rosenkrantz' last shot.
8. Ironwood. On the versatile shoulders of Juice.
9. Deer Valley. Chacon's game just gets better and better...
10. Tolleson. Young and talented. St. Mary's lite.
Horizon, Tucson Sahuaro, Buena, Highland, Mtn. Pointe, Dobson, Alhambra, North Canyon, Xavier