Katrina Charity Tournament Final Report
Top 5 by Position
(regardless of class)
1. Brock Entner - Pinnacle - 2006
2. Mike Brooks I - Deer Valley - 2006
3. Travis Payton - Agua Fria - 2008
4. Mike Brooks II - Deer Valley - 2006
5. Marques Coleman - Cactus - 2008
Entner continues to get better. His shot has improved but still needs more consistency to play at the LM level. Brooks I is someone few talk about but I like this kid. Great PG body and athletic. After a 2 year stint in the juco ranks he has a chance!
1. Christian Polk - Deer Valley - 2006
2. Shawn Deadwiler - South Mountain - 2006
3. Carlos Mora - Pinnacle - 2006
4. LaBryant Smith - South Mountain - 2006
5. Jeff Hart - Brophy - 2008
Polk was head and shoulders the best player out there. He has added bulk and the jumper is improved. Deadwiler played well, but we just do not see him at a pg at the next level (his spot is a combo/2 guard). Mora is unknown but this kid knocks down big shots and plays hard.
1. Ricky Berry - Paradise Valley - 2006
2. Javon Jones - Paradise Valley - 2007
3. TJ Russell - South Mountain - 2006
4. Wesley Jones - Deer Valley - 2007
5. Niko Sachs - Cactus - 2008
Berry is athletic and attacks the glass. His shot was off but we know he can shoot it…Javon was the surprise and we are anxious to see him play again to confirm our evaluation.
1. Tom Fow - Notre Dame - 2007
2. Alex Miller - Horizon - 2007
3. Caleb Richardson - Cactus - 2008
4. Kel Duncan - Agua Fria - 2007
5. Darangelo Balark - Deer Valley - 2007
The weakest position but a few solid players including Fow. He needs to learn/develop into a wing. Miller as well. Richardson plays hard and will be an undersized 4 man over the next 3 years aka Eli Davis.
1. Mason Maynard - Mountain Ridge - 2006
2. Taylor Rohde - Pinnacle - 2008
3. Chris Bonham - Paradise Valley - 2007
4. Ricky Calvin - South Mountain - 2008
5. Chad Thompson - Deer Valley - 2007
Maynard the most talented, but Rohde has the biggest upside.
Look for our Arizona Division I prospect list coming later this week!