Scout.com pre-season position
rankings are coming out with our first list the Top Ten Centers on the West
Coast. Kramer Knutson, 6-8,
Greg Hicks, Scout.com's West Coast Recruiting Analyst and the most respected evaluator in the West saw Knutson this past July and quickly elevated him into a top division I prospect.
Knutson didn't play in the spring and, as a result, hadn't received much exposure heading into July. Knutson is drawing interest from a number division I schools with Stanford leading the way.
Look for the remaining Top Ten lists later this week and into the beginning of September.
The complete West Coast Rankings (Centers) are below along with "others to watch".
1) Kevin Love, 6-10, Lake Oswego (Ore.) High
2) Clint Chapman, 6-10, Canby (Ore.) High
3) Eli Holman, 6-9, Richmond (Calif.) High
4) Sean Williams, 6-11, Villa Park (Calif.) High
5) Alex Jacobson, 6-11, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei
6) Scott Thompson, 6-10, Meridian (Ida.) Mountain View
7) Matt Simpkins, 6-8, Sacramento (Calif.) Capital Christian
8) Nathan Lozeau, 6-10, Marysville (Wash.) Marysville-Pilchuck
9) Kramer Knutson, 6-8, Mesa (Ariz.) Dobson
10) Garrett Fiddler, 6-9, Colorado Springs (Col.) Doherty
OTHER CENTERS OF NOTE:
Melvyn Oliver, 6-9, Las Vegas (Nev.) Cheyenne
Jordan Fillmore, 6-7, Lafayette (Calif.) Acalanes
Clint Amberry, 6-9, Los Alamitos (Calif.) High
Malcolm Campbell, 6-9, Los Angeles (Calif.) Fairfax
Trevor Morris, 6-7, Nampa (Ida.) High
Martell Jackson, 6-9, Brighton (Col.) High
Kurt Bennett, 6-8, Placerville (Calif.) Union Mine
Genesis Maciel, 6-8, Compton (Calif.) Centennial
Robert Curtis, 6-7, Mission Viejo (Calif.) Capitstrano Valley
Bernard Kamwa, 6-8, Los Angeles (Calif.) Ribet