As I started putting this list together, I realized that this class is pretty deep and it was tougher to do then I expected. All 15 kids in my top 15 have a chance at being D1 or 1AA type players. There are another 10 or so players in the others to watch list that could be in the same boat. There are only four kids in this group with offers right now but I predict there will be quite a few more. Remember these rankings are not set in stone. I will change them a few times throughout the season as I evaluate more. Go on the message boards and talk it up.
Schlink- Centennial- 6-4 300- One of the most sought after recruits in
the state. He is up to nearly 20 offers. Schlink was 1st team all
2. Patrick Jamison- Hamilton- 6-4 280- Schlink's closest competition. Could be a guard or right tackle in college.
3. Chris Merrill- Saguaro- 6-2 260- Arguably the state's top two-way lineman. A little undersized but go watch his film, he is nasty.
4. Joe Kellogg- Saguaro- 6-4 285- Most underrated player in this group. Last season Merrill and Bisgard got all of the press but Kellogg has the size that D1 coaches look for and is just as sound offensively.
Reynolds- Westview- 6-3 315- Top center in the class. Guy was a
1st team all
6. Steve Sabin- Basha- 6-4 270- A bit of a sleeper but has some tools. Shows a mean streak and the ability to get downfield.
7. Kyland Resor- Hamilton- 6-0 260- When you talk about kids that would be D1 players if they had the right size, Resor is one of those players. Had good fundamentals but at right around 6 feet tall, scares recruiters away.
8. Darden Zenullahi- Sunrise Mountain- 6-4 285- Injured leg last year but was a 1st team all region alongside Schlink.
9. Derek Bisgard- Saguaro- 6-2 245- Bisgard rounds out the state's top returning OL corp. The smallest of the three, he is more of a technician.
10. Taniela Niutei- Mt. Ridge- 6-3 280- 2nd team all region selection last year and has put on some good weight that has caught the eyes of recruiters.
11. Joe Riccio- Horizon- 6-3 240- Another good two-way lineman that shows his athletic ability and explosion by being one of the state's top throwers.
12. Doug Zismann (JR)- Shadow Mountain- 6-3 260- Made honorable mention all state as a sophomore. Will be one to watch over the next two years.
13. Schuyler Waterhouse- Westview- 6-2 255- Very athletic and has some speed. Has tremendous leg strength and uses that to his advantage.
14. Ian Spencer- Queen Creek- 6-3 250- 1st team all 4A2 last year. Definite sleeper prospect that could end up making some noise on the recruiting scene.
15. Cory Woolery- Centennial- 6-4 290- Overshadowed by Schlink. Played solid last year, still a bit raw but has some tools.
3. Garrett Edgerson- Tucson- 6-3 270- Still very raw but has a good athletic background and is a sleeper down at Tucson High.
Others to Watch:
Kyle Arias (JR)- Bradshaw Mountain- 6-2 264
Dakota Astraus- Buckeye- 6-1 230
Hugo Blanco- Sunnyside- 6-1 230
Matt Baxter (JR)- Desert Edge- 6-3 220
Ian Blazek- Agua Fria- 5-10
Troy Boehm- Prescott
Dwight Boyd- 6-4 275
Tony Brummel- Cactus- 6-3 250
Matt Buehler- Bradshaw Mountain- 6-1 220
Wyatt Cahill- Corona- 6-3 205
Arthur Cervantes- Buena- 5-10 220
Mitchell Clayton- La Joya- 6-2 230
Thomas Coggins- Dobson- 6-0 220
Michael Cota- Desert Ridge- 6-0 200
Ricky Dennis- Mt Pointe- 6-1 250
Damien Edwards- Chandler- 6-4 280
Dorrian Edwards- Mohave- 6-4 255
Nicolas Estrada Stephen- North- 6-0 220
John Fontes- Basha- 6-4
Dustin Freitag- Greenway
Brandon Gabbard- Mt. Ridge- 6-6 260
Bryant Gabbard (JR)- Centennial- 6-3 260
Ryan Gardner- Mt Ridge- 6-0 230
Tyler Giannonatti (JR)- Corona- 6-0 170
Trey Gilleo- Kingman
Diego Gonzalez- Trevor Browne- 6-4 275
Gage Gorman- Mt. Pointe- 6-2 250
Michael Greer- Marcos- 6-4 275
David Hakes- Mesa Mt View- 6-5 210
Chris Hart- Sunnyside- 6-0 260
Aaron Houser- Mingus- 6-4 340
Fletcher Hunt (JR)- Ironwood- 6-2 210
Brett Jividen- Sahuaro- 6-1 250
Kyle Kwaad (JR)- Sunrise Mountain- 6-0 235
Orlando Lara- Apollo- 6-0 300
Jimmy Marshall- Dysart- 6-2 215
John May- Goldwater- 6-2 240- Goldwater
Jorge Mazon (JR)- Sunnyside- 5-8 220
Jason Meyer- Hamilton- 6-2 220
Lorin Mowrey- Cortez- 6-4 230
Alex Nadora- South Mountain- 5-11 210
Zak Nicholson (JR)- Buckeye- 6-2 225
Sterling Nymeyer- Marana Mt View- 6-2 210
Colten Porter- Red Mountain- 6-0
Chris Putton- Cactus- 6-4 230
Michael Riger- Kingman
Moses Roberts- Salpointe- 5-10 180
Robert Robbins- O'Connor- 5-11 215
Jarrett Shugart- Flagstaff- 6-3 230
Tali Sili- Desert Ridge- 6-1 220
Lee Sisk- Horizon
Nic Soloman- 6-3 305-
Trevor Stapp- Corona- 6-3 250
Ryan Sterner- Cactus Shadows- 5-10 180
Brian Tolle- Central- 5-9 225
Shaumik Torres- Marcos- 6-0 225
Danny Troup- Pinnacle- 5-11 215
Blair Tushaus (soph)- Notre Dame- 6-3 245
Justin Vizzaino- Millennium- 6-1 190
Lucas Volk- Sabino- 6-3 250
Cody Watts- Camelback- 6-5 310
Alec Wightman- Cactus Shadows- 6-0 230
Josh Williams- Ironwood- 5-11 180
Connor Wilson (JR)- 6-0