I decided to stay at home and
watch this game from the couch instead of making it out to
- Brophy got the ball first and started moving the ball. QB Bryan Berens hit TE Billy Sanders and WR Nick Nudo for nice gains on the first two plays.
- Two penalties and a sack by DL Justin Artis (4th of the year) killed the drive.
- Another option, kept by G-Rob for a 1st down
- Yet another run by Robinson,
this one a 30 yard TD.
- Brophy has the ball but I am really impressed with the Hamilton LBs. Zach Moore, Elliott Harper and junior Anthony Jones can really play. I think Jones is a D1 kid and I think this LB corp may be the best in the state.
- Berens hits RB Bobby Rodrigues on a dump to get a first down. Berens is a heady player. That is one of his strengths. He has great intangibles.
- Deboskie fumble, Brophy recover.
- Hamilton WR Drew Terrell took a
punt to the house. Called back for illegal block in the back. This kid can play
too. It seems like
- Little Nathan Jeffrey is quick out of the backfield. Explosive. He goes for 12 yards. Error by commentators. They said Jeffries and Deboskie went 1-2 in the 5A 100 meters.
- End of 1-
-Brophy D has stepped up and forced a punt.
- Brophy has a scoring chance, ball inside the 50.
- Berens has thrown three straight incompletions and Polk gets stuffed by Harper and Jones.
- Berens hits Sanders for his second catch. They end up punting.
- Justin Peters is now in at QB
- Anthony Hooks is on Robinson.
- Deboskie gets 1st down and Jeffries goes for another 15 yards.
- Defensive holding on Drew Maggi, Brophy safety, gives first down.
- Peters hits Robinson for a good gain. Robinson is so much bigger than most corners he can just out leap them and reach over them.
- Jeffries gets it to the 1 and
Deboskie punches it in. PAT is good. 13-0
- Berens starts moving the ball,
he hits Ryan Suniga three times in a row for 40 yards. Sack by
- Drew Maggi in at QB and throws a pick on the 1st play.
- Halftime 13-0
- They did a tribute to the Brophy/Hamilton 2005 title game. Interviewed Mike Callahan and Gerald Munns. I think Munns said "You know" 40 or 50 times in the interview.
Announcers talking about the
growing number of D1 kids in AZ. Made an error, said Tramell McGill was at
- Start of 3rd quarter-
- First play Deboskie goes for 27 but leaves with cramps it looks like.
- Robinson hits TE Tim Fowler for a 50 yard gain and puts them inside the 5.
- Good pass defense by Brophy. No where to throw it. G-Rob stopped by Brett Gonzalez.
- Berens is okay.
- Polk gets his best run and goes for 12.
- Berens hits Maggi and Polk gets another big gain. They are starting to move now.
- Berens hits Maggi and he gets inside the 5. Oops. A penalty negates the big play.
- Berens finds Maggi again for a 1st. Big gains by Polk and another throw to Zuniga has them moving. Berens screen to Polk. Polk flipped and lands at the 1. Punched in by Polk. 2-point no good. 16-6 Brophy 2:20 to go in 3rd.
- Second play Robinson fumbles. Was carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. Recovered by #48 Matt Padilla. Man he has made plays all over the field. He is a good one.
- Brophy gives it right back. Polk fumbles and that ends the 3rd.
- Teams exchange punts.
- Peters back in at QB and Robinson at WR. PI penalties on Maggi keep the chains moving.
- Peters hits Robinson on a slant
after pump faking. This kid can play wideout for all the people that doubted him
earlier. Score 22-6
- Soph CB Devon Carrington picks
off Berens and takes it to the house. PAT good. Score 29-6
- Brophy doesn't give up and goes to the air. Artis gets his 2nd sack and Rubio gets his third.
Brophy is good. They just weren't consistent and penalties hurt them. They will be tough all year.
As well as the LBs for
Brophy- I liked what LB Matt Padilla did. He played very well and made a ton of plays. He will be al region.