Updated team rankings from 24-7Football.com for 9-17-2007. Where does your team fall?
24-7Football.com Team Rankings (week of 9/17/2007)
1. Hamilton (4-0)-
Got a quick start on Dobson and never looked back. Face #2 Red Mountain on
2. Red Mountain (3-0)- Took down Desert Ridge behind
Jarison Johnson's 5 TDs. Big time match-up with Hamilton this week.
3. Mt. View (4-0)- Took it to Ironwood and
face a big game against Brophy on Cox 7 on Thursday.
4. Brophy (2-1)- Have had tow weeks to
prepare for Mt.
View as they had a bye last
5. Dobson (3-1)- Lost to Hamilton but they played
them pretty even minus the first minute when they went down three scores. Face
6. Basha (3-0)- Bye last week. Big game at
undefeated Westwood this week.
7. Chandler (2-1)-
Pulled out a 20-13 win over Desert Vista but lost star safety Harold Bernard in
this process. Face Cesar Chavez this week.
8. Westwood (4-0)- Beat a scrappy
Mountain team and will face
undefeated Basha on Thursday.
9. Highland (3-1)-
Beat Tolleson this week. Travel to Yuma Kofa this week.
10. Corona (2-2)- Early season
losses to Dobson and Red Mountain don't look as bad
1. Centennial (2-1)- Beat Rincon but lost
Zach Schlink in the process. Not sure when he will be back. Face North on
2. Sunnyside (3-0)- Beat up on Central on
Cox 7 last week. Play Salpointe this week.
3. Marcos de Niza (2-0)- This has to be
the highest scoring team in the state.
4. Pinnacle (3-0)- Have now beat Goldwater
and Westview back to back.
5. Westview (2-1)- Rebounded after loss to
Pinnacle and beat Deer Valley. Host a solid Mesa team this
6. Goldwater (2-1)- Got blanked by an
under-rated Pinnacle team.
7. South Mountain (2-1)- Played tough in loss
8. Ironwood Ridge (1-2)- Have a losing
record but two losses are two very good Goldwater and Pinnacle teams. Trying to
get to .500 against Casa Grande this week.
9. Willow Canyon (2-1)- Close lose to Ironwood
Ridge last week. Play Camelback this week.
10. Skyline (2-1)- Played a talented Mt.
Ridge tough, losing 17-7. Face Carl Hayden this week.
1. Saguaro (3-0)- Put a hurtin on
Agua Fria on Friday night. Shadow Mountain is next in line to try and
dethrone the champs.
2. Chaparral (4-0)- Took it to Copper Canyon. Mike Cummings is hot, he is
averaging 2 TDs per game. Face 3-1 Apache Junction this
3. Peoria (3-0)-
The Panthers keep rolling, they beat Marana on Friday and have scored over 40 in
all three of their games. They play Apollo this Friday.
4. Cactus (3-0)- A 4th quarter
safety gave them a win over CDO.
5. Sabino (3-0)- Handed Millennium their
6. Canyon del Oro (3-1)- I refuse to drop
them after losing the heartbreaker to Cactus. Face McClintock this
7. Cienega (2-1)- Beat Douglas 32-0. Play Agua
Fria this week.
8. Paradise Valley (3-0)- Beat Apollo to remain
undefeated. Take on Cactus Shadows on Thursday.
9. Catalina Foothills (3-1)- Beat Flowing
Wells by 7. Face #5 Sabino this week.
10. Nogales (4-0)-
Haven't faced the toughest competition but a win is a win no matter how you spin
1. Mingus (4-0)- Had a bye last week and
face a 2-2 Washington team looking to get back on
2. Notre Dame (3-0)- Playing well and
beating Independence like they did despite Sean Renfree
being out. Play at Seton Catholic this week.
3. Greenway (3-0)- Coach Brown has his
kids believing. Beating Coronado like they did says volumes for the
coaching job he is doing. Can the Demons keep their winning streak alive against
4. Arcadia (3-0)- Beat
Face Desert Edge this week.
5. Higley (2-1)- Intercepted Washington 6
times for the victory. Play Coconino this week.
6. Bradshaw Mountain (2-2)- Losses are to Greenway
by 1 and Notre Dame by 5.
7. Santa Rita (2-1)- This is another team
that has turned things around. Bye last week. Sahuarita is up this
8. Buckeye (2-2)- Another team that has
lost to two solid opponents. Have won 2 in a row. Face Queen Creek to try for a
9. Coronado (2-1)-
Shutout by Greenway and Travis Huff was held in check. Trying to get back in the
groove against 2-1 Kellis.
(2-2)- Two losses are to Higley and Cactus. Face a very good Mingus squad on
Link to last week's