1. Serra (San Mateo) 17-2
2. Clayton Valley (Concord) 12-2
3. St. Francis (Mountain View) 16-4
4. Leland (San Jose) 15-2
5. Bishop O'Dowd (Oakland) 13-2
6. Casa Grande (Petaluma) 12-0
7. Amador Valley (Pleasanton) 11-3
8. Leigh (San Jose) 14-3
9. Las Lomas (Walnut Creek) 10-0
10. Armijo (Fairfield) 14-2
11. Wilcox (Santa Clara) 14-4
12. Valley Christian (San Jose) 13-6-1
13. Deer Valley (Antioch) 12-4-1
14. California (San Ramon) 9-4
15. Carmel 19-3
16. North Monterey County (Castroville) 16-4
17. Mitty (San Jose) 9-6
18. Terra Nova (Pacifica) 13-2
19. Ukiah 9-2
20. Skyline (Oakland) 11-3
Notes & Highlights
Serra stayed a game in front of St. Francis in the West Catholic Athletic League standings thanks to a dramatic win last Friday over Valley Christian. With the Padres trailing 2-1 entering the bottom of the seventh, Mike Palladino tied it up with a home run. Then in the bottom of the eighth, David Stirling stroked a game-winning RBI single. Chuck Lofgren struck out seven of the last 12 Valley Christian batters he faced in picking up the win and remaining unbeaten on the season.
Eric Walterhouse hammered a pair of home runs after being walked twice as Bishop O'Dowd improved to 7-0 in the Hayward Area Athletic League with an 8-1 win over San Leandro. The loss was the first for San Leandro after 23 straight HAAL victories.
Matt Bush of Amador Valley is one of the top pitchers in the East Bay this season and is part of a terrific staff for the Dons. Matt Bush also is the name of a junior at Mission Bay High of San Diego who last spring was voted the State Sophomore Player of the Year.