Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Summer Camp in IL was Scott Sypniewski (IL). Sypniewski was just coming off the TOP 12 and EVENT ELITE camp and proved to be in top form. Very powerful with his snaps all day. Form is darn near perfect and he is beginning to snap with a ton of confidence. Sypniewski is definitely one of the top 2013 Long Snappers in the country.
Along with Sypniewski, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
• Scott Daly (2012, IL) continued on his path of greatness. Tell the kid to work on something and consider it done. He is a workhorse that not only works hard, but works right. Notre Dame got a great one in Daly
• Nolan Dowling (2012, IL) snapped the ball with a lot of confidence all day. Very accurate and smooth. Form is exceptional and he is really beginning to snap the ball with force.
• Jeff Overbaugh (2012, AK) rolled through the IL camp just as dominant as his time at the TOP 12 and CA camps. Can't express how smooth his snap is and easy to catch. Ball is very fast and the spiral is excellent. Blocks very well.
• Greg Hohenstein (2012, IL) has exceptional form frame. Ball is very fast and extremely athletic.
• Mike Perry (2013, IL) was very, very accurate all day and shows great potential.
• Nick Walter (2013, OH) did very well for his first Rubio Long Snapping camp. Very good frame and he uses it well. Excellent potential on this large and fast Long Snapper.
• Gabriel Miller (2013, IN) is looking very slid and headed for greatness. Thick body and a ton of strength. Some fine tuning and he will be exceptional.
• Austin Orr (2013, IN) is a massive Long Snapper with incredible strength. Form is almost there and he is really beginning to use all of his strength. Smooth Long Snapper.
Other notables: Dylan Byard (TN), Matt Guthrie (MI), Nick Traub (12)
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will have stops this summer and fall in CA, IL, NC, GA and TX with all camps leading right into the 10th Annual National Kicking and Snapping Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on January 14-15, 2012. This Event is open to ALL and is the biggest kicking, punting and long snapping camp in the world.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @RubioSnapping.