Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Summer Camp in NC was Conor Fry (NC). Conor, coming off a great TOP 12 and EVENT ELITE Camp, was outstanding all day in NC. Very comfortable and strong, Conor proved that he is definitely a top college Long Snapping prospect for his class. He has terrific form and uses his massive frame perfectly to generate wonderful speed on his snap
Along with Fry, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
• William Oldach (2012, MA) was very solid all day. William has a tremendous frame and he is a very quick learner. Has D1 size right now and snaps the ball with solid speed and excellent accuracy.
• CT Moorman (2011, VA) is an Auburn commit that looked wonderful all day. Snapping with a great deal of confidence. Has great form and speed is excellent.
• Nick Brown (2012, GA) might have the best built Long Snapping body in his class and he is really starting to use it perfectly. Very raw but coming along nicely.
• Joseph Smith (2012, SC) came into the camp very raw and left looking like one of the best Long Snappers in his class. Learns very quickly and shows great potential. Very athletic.
• Joe Marvin (2012, MD) continues to be smooth, accurate and now has great form. His improvement in a short amount of time is amazing. Great kid with wonderful attitude.
• Nick Sharick (2012, OH) is overflowing with potential. Amazing frame and wonderful attitude. Couple quick fixes on his form and he will be one of the best in the country.
• Kevin Marley (2011, VA) showed why Old Dominion picked him up. Very smooth and accurate with a great attitude.
• Colton Taylor (2012, VA) did well for his first camp. Very raw but shows great promise. Long frame with excellent speed.
Other notables: Nate Hawkins (OH), Brian McDonough (VA)
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will have stops this summer and fall in CA, IL, NC, GA and TX with all camps leading right into the 10th Annual National Kicking and Snapping Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on January 14-15, 2012. This Event is open to ALL and is the biggest kicking, punting and long snapping camp in the world.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @RubioSnapping.