Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Summer Camp in TX was Darrell Travis (TX). Darrell was extremely consistent all day and showed great poise throughout the competition. Solid frame and a great work ethic made him a champion in TX. Ball is smooth and accurate with good speed.
Along with Travis, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
• Kyle Ashby (TX) continued on his path of greatness from the TOP 12 camp. Ball is very, very smooth and accurate. Form is coming along nicely and he improves each time I see him.
• Brent Nicholson (TX) has a large frame with excellent form. On the cusp of greatness and looks to really make a name for himself in the next year.
• Bobby Geibler (TX) is a very strong Long Snapper that, when on, is absolutely amazing.
• Chris Burger (TX) has D1 size right now and is close to being "there". Chris is right on the cusp of dominating his class.
• Jake Compton (TX) continues to improve and show great strength. Excellent attitude and athletic ability.
• Trey Enterline (TX) has a perfect frame for the next level of Long Snapping. Some slight tweaks to his form and he is there.
• Michael McGarry (TX) has improved as quickly as anyone in the country. Rising up the ladder in the ranks and looks to just keep getting better.
• Luke Burnham (MS) is filled with exceptional form and a solid attitude. Ball is very fast and on target. Watch him.
• Steven Romero (NM) is an amazing talent when he gets it all together. Great frame and his form is very close.
• Sam Boyd (TX) has a nice, long frame and listens well. Very athletic and has an accurate snap.
Other notables: Matt Boggs (LA), Daniel Brooke (TX), Mac Freeman (TX), Dakota Melson (MO), Trey Lamastus (LA), Craig Fischer (TX).
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will have stops this summer and fall in CA, IL, NC, GA and TX with all camps leading right into the 10th Annual National Kicking and Snapping Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on January 14-15, 2012. This Event is open to ALL and is the biggest kicking, punting and long snapping camp in the world.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @RubioSnapping.